Computer Help forum

General discussion

VOB files... moving and converting them

by jomotox / October 14, 2010 12:27 PM PDT

I have some vob files (videos) that I downloaded onto my laptop. Now I am wanting to convert them to a mpeg file or something similar for video editing.
I have a program for converting the files, but I can not get the vob files into the converting program. For example... I have the videos in my video file... but when I open that video file there is nothing there. I have also tried to copy and paste or click and drag them into the converting program, but have been unsuccesful with either of those.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, or offer me some ideas or help?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: VOB files... moving and converting them
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: VOB files... moving and converting them
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2010 1:14 PM PDT

The one I use is SUPER VIDEO CONVERTER. Free, only a little hard to find and has no watermarks, fees or ad sponser ware.
Bob

Collapse -
Maybe Super?
by RCF_Rose / October 14, 2010 2:25 PM PDT
In reply to: The one.

Bob, did you mean Super? Super Video Converter is not free. However Super is. It's not hard to find but hard to find the actual Download button! LOL But if you're persistent and don't mind putting up with the run around it will turn up eventually. I LOVE Super, it has managed to convert at least 99% of stuff I've thrown at it. One of the best free programs I have on my PC and I would recommend it to anyone.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

@
\)/
Rose

Collapse -
Yes, it's SUPER.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 15, 2010 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Maybe Super?

I find it with that search and forget to drop the other words.

Thanks for the correction and link. Bob

Collapse -
Thank you
by E_Kelly / December 30, 2010 10:45 PM PST
In reply to: Maybe Super?

Hey RCF_Rose Thanks for the site. Super works great.

Collapse -
Download link
by RCF_Rose / October 14, 2010 3:11 PM PDT
In reply to: The one.

I have discovered if you go to this site

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER

and click on Download from mirror (direct link) you will get the download immediately. It's the newest version.

Also if you look to the left panel on that site you will find all kinds of Video Help.

@
\)/
Rose

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.