TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Vizio E601i-A3 60" LED

by iggy51 / March 10, 2013 11:27 PM PDT

I bought the Vizio 60" LED in December and a month later had to return it due to no picture. Replacement is now 3 months old and the television will lose its picture and will turn it self off at lease once a day. I've seen nothing but rave reviews and I didn't know if anyone has bad similar experience or if I should plan on replacing this one before the warranty is expired.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vizio E601i-A3 60" LED
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vizio E601i-A3 60" LED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Stop shopping by price
by Pepe7 / March 11, 2013 12:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Vizio E601i-A3 60" LED

I've yet to see any Vizio considered for their high accolade for build quality in the AV enthusiasts community. If you step away from places such as Consumer Reports and more price-driven reviews, you would pick other brands. Samsung 8000 series is one example of a better quality LED in the 60" size. Unfortunately we have all had to learn this way dealing with one type of faulty product or another (not just HDTVs) ;(.

You would get even more bang for your buck by looking at plasma right now, IMO. Some excellent quality Panasonic models for a little less $ than you would pay for the same sized LED. Just make sure you have good room darkening capabilities, although in the average room/viewing space you would do fine vs older plasma models.

Collapse -
Answer
Vizio E601i-A3 picture cut out
by Indskyz79 / November 26, 2013 3:41 AM PST
In reply to: Vizio E601i-A3 60" LED

Hi,
I have been having this same issue. Although I did by my TV refurbished from Walmart ($688.00). The refurbished TV was sent from Vizio Direct. I will be watching a movie, doesn't matter if it is on Netflix, or BD from my PS3, or just plain TV, the screen will just go black. I can still hear the audio, but have to push the up button on the multi-directional pad for the screen to re-appear.

I've also had some issues with not being able to cut the power off to the TV and forced to remove the Power Cable. This seems to happen the most when I'm using the TV's Smart Apps.

Has anyone else had this problem? I do have the 3 year warranty from Wal-Mart. I plan on returning the TV after purchasing the exact same one his coming Black Friday. ( So I wil have a new vs refurbished for the same price!)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.