Tablets forum

General discussion

Vizio 10" tablet removed from website as "coming soon"

by twtoombs / July 19, 2012 12:45 AM PDT

Any one notice Vizio has removed the 10' tablet from their website? Until a few days ago it showed two tablets an 8" that is no longer available at and the "Coming soon" 10". Now the only one listed is the 8" which is available at Costco for under $200. After several attempts to get Vizio to come clean and why it was pulled it is the same old Corporate b/s "We do not have any information on that".

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vizio 10" tablet removed from website as "coming soon"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vizio 10" tablet removed from website as "coming soon"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Given so many new tablets to choose from
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 19, 2012 1:56 AM PDT

Can you share why it matters?

Collapse -
Vizio 10" tablet
by twtoombs / July 19, 2012 3:51 AM PDT

There are several reasons:
1. Vizio quality and price.
2. Ability to use SD cards to expand memory instead of being limited by built in memory.
3. Compare features with other tablets.

Collapse -
1. Debateable.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 19, 2012 4:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Vizio 10" tablet

I won't bore you with dead HDTVs by that name.

2. Many tablets have that slot. Not something unique.

3. Again, nothing unique about this one.

Maybe we can discuss something about other tablets that have the SD card slot you crave?

And there's that other issue about how Android is the new Windows. That is, what a mess!

Collapse -
Best 10" tablet
by twtoombs / July 19, 2012 4:18 AM PDT
In reply to: 1. Debateable.

What is the best 10" tablet for the price with expandable memory?

Collapse -
That changes every few days.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 19, 2012 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Best 10" tablet
Collapse -
10.0 Tablet
by twtoombs / July 24, 2012 8:38 AM PDT

Your pick is the Asus Transformer. From what I can see the Transformer has better cameras than the Samsung Galaxy TAB2. I can purchase either one for the same price. Am I wrong or does the Transformer have more built in features, ie. GPS Gyro, G sensor. I am now leaning toward the Asus. The Asus has 32GB internal memory vs 16GB for the Samsung. You still recommend the Asus, if so that is the one I am going with.

Collapse -
In the news.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 24, 2012 8:49 AM PDT

If you've been following the patent showdown in the news you'll also notice where some products were blocked. I can't guess if the particular unit you were interested in was in the legal mess but as it stands, a lot of patents and more were ignored.

Collapse -
Asus Transformer
by twtoombs / July 24, 2012 9:06 AM PDT
In reply to: In the news.

The Asus Transformer I am considering is the 10.1 model EPCTF300TB1BL. Would the patent infringements matter if I purchase and receive the tablet in the next few day?

Collapse -
For that question, you'll need a lawyer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 24, 2012 9:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Asus Transformer

But I've seen companies stop product development since it doesn't make sense to continue at that point. That is, if some app had an issue, you may get stuck with it.

Collapse -
by twtoombs / July 24, 2012 10:01 AM PDT

I'll go with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Collapse -
(NT) Who happens to be in the center of that patent storm.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 24, 2012 12:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.