Tablets forum

Resolved Question

Virus Protection:

by Stiff Paul / February 25, 2014 10:04 AM PST

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 10.1 Tablet. I would like to know if I need any Virus protection for banking or anything like that ? I have Norton on my laptop, but was wondering if tablets need protection.. Thanks for any answers..

Stiff Paul has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Virus Protection:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Virus Protection:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
OK, first we need a virus.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 25, 2014 10:10 AM PST
In reply to: Virus Protection:

I haven't found one yet. Yes there is some BAD apps out there but you would have to find and install them.

Can you share what virus you have found for Android?
Bob

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Stiff Paul

Collapse -
Do you have Norton antivirus or
by orlbuckeye / March 12, 2014 10:42 PM PDT

Norton 360? Norton 360 allows installs on up to 5 devices which can be Windows, Mac, Android or IOS. 360 runs about 70.00 and AV allows only one PC or device for 29.

Collapse -
Answer
Well I saw an add for McAffee
by orlbuckeye / February 26, 2014 3:03 AM PST

Security Suite on the play store and Itunes for free. I dowlnload and install yesterday on my Mote 3 phone. I did notice when i log into my work non-secure free it prompts me that it's non-secure and with checks boxes do i want to continue yes or no then a remember selection box. Well it's doesn't remember and I have to say yes all the time.

Collapse -
Answer
Reply Virus Protection
by harrypotter2411 / March 6, 2014 10:58 AM PST

Welcome, review of antivirus software, you should choose the airline started today as avg, avart or bkav it would be better for protecting your computer.
Wish you success.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.