TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Viera Connect settings with a router

by Gregness / February 10, 2013 1:46 AM PST

Hi
Anyone know the correct settings to get and old Linksys router (wrt54g) attached to my new Viera TV (TC-P50U50 via ethernet) so I can connect to my wireless network hub. (Actiontec M24)? Do I set up the Linksys as a bridge?
Thanks!!
Greg

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Viera Connect settings with a router
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Viera Connect settings with a router
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes, set it up as a bridge (n/t)
by Pepe7 / February 10, 2013 3:48 AM PST

n/t

Collapse -
Need a little more info...
by Gregness / February 11, 2013 12:32 PM PST

Thanks for your help.
I have the TV (tc-p50ut50 ) connected to an Airport Express with an ethernet cable but can't seem to reconcile the settings. The Airport express is set up in Bridge mode but I need advice on settings under the Viera's "Network" category for:

IP setting mode
IP address (ip of the Airport Express?)
Subnet Mask (sn of the Airport Express?)
Default gateway ((gateway of the Airport Express?)
DNS setting mode (auto or manual?)
DNS (the main router DNS?)
Proxy setting?

Right now the TV is failing the connection test and not even seeing the Airport Router. It does see the router if I set the unit to it's defaults and not in bridge mode. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much.

Greg

Collapse -
what happened to the linksys?
by Pepe7 / February 11, 2013 11:17 PM PST
Collapse -
Thanks Pepe7, I'll give it a try
by Gregness / February 11, 2013 11:52 PM PST

I bagged the Linksys when it appeared that it would be tough to configure it as a bridge. I also happened to have an Airport Express connected to stereo (near the TV) so I thought I would give it a try. I'll report back on my success or lack therof after I play with the settings some more.

Greg

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET EDITORS' CHOICE

Roku Streaming Stick 2016

Roku has the most apps, the simplest interface and the best search, making it CNET's favorite way to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and all the rest.