Laptops

General discussion

ViDock 2?

by aro993s / September 4, 2009 12:47 AM PDT

Hey Guys! I'm a gamer on a budget and I have a couple year old laptop. It's not terrible yet...I have dual core and enough memory...but the integrated graphics are terrible. I was surfing around trying to find ANY alternative to just buying a whole new machine and I came across this:

ViDock 2: http://www.villagetronic.com/vidock2/index.html

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Seems like I could address my issue for around $360...

Thanks for your help!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ViDock 2?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ViDock 2?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just one question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2009 1:05 AM PDT
In reply to: ViDock 2?

Does this laptop have ExpressCard 2.0?

Collapse -
???
by aro993s / September 4, 2009 4:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Just one question.

Hummmm... Now that I'm doing a little research, I'm not sure if I do or not. I'm pretty sure that the slot I have is an ExpressCard slot...but how can I tell if it's 2.0 or not?

Collapse -
I'd ask them.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2009 5:36 AM PDT
In reply to: ???

For some reason the make, model of the laptop is eluding me.
Bob

Collapse -
HA!
by aro993s / September 4, 2009 9:57 AM PDT
In reply to: I'd ask them.

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000

Collapse -
That's the series, not the model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2009 10:12 AM PDT
In reply to: HA!

Have that company verify it works with this.

Collapse -
vidock question
by davidbocek / October 10, 2009 9:44 PM PDT
In reply to: ViDock 2?

I really took a chance on this product, new, never heard of the company, giving my credit card to a basic unknown. The outcome was excellent. Instant improvement, speeds up your existing games and pushes you to try some hardcore games on it as well(bioshock,fear, supreme comm, etc)
For themoney you get a decent graphix card and a way to put multiple monitors on your laptop, I am still playing around with it, tech support has been great answering every newb question I have giving them .
I think they want people to play around with these devices and take them to different avenues .........buy it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.