Samsung forum

General discussion

vevo Clips not working on Samsung bluray

by Daze073 / August 28, 2012 10:50 PM PDT

Unable to play any video on YouTube from vevo clips.

Any solution?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: vevo Clips not working on Samsung bluray
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: vevo Clips not working on Samsung bluray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: vevo Clips not working on Samsung bluray
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 29, 2012 2:26 AM PDT

Hi Daze073,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately, I suspect this is a limitation imposed by the content creator. I wish I could help you, but your only option would be to contact the content creator and ask them to lift their restrictions on the types of devices that could play the video.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Vevo clips not working on Samsung bluray
by Daze073 / August 30, 2012 11:12 PM PDT

Hi,
This only happens on tv setup to computer.very strange?

Collapse -
Re: vevo Clips not working on Samsung bluray
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 31, 2012 2:22 AM PDT

Hi Daze073,
I'm sorry what do you mean: "only happens on tv setup to computer." Are you using a PC as a video source?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
vevo clips not working on samsung bluray
by Daze073 / August 31, 2012 11:42 AM PDT

hi

what i meant was it works fine on a pc but when your using a samsung 3d smart bluray player, the clips of vevo doesn't work.

i find that strange & this needs tobe addressed asap as people will have the same problem

thanks

Collapse -
Re: VEVO Clips not working on Samsung bluray
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 3, 2012 11:50 PM PDT

Hi Daze073,

In that case, please reference my original response. VEVO probably has limitations on where the content can play, both geographically and on product types. So please if you want this to change; you'll need to contact the content creator.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Vevo clips not working on Samsung bluray for youtube
by Daze073 / September 4, 2012 8:02 PM PDT

What do you mean content creator?
What is the purpose of having YouTube on Samsung prOducts if you can't even watch music clips that mostly have vevo attached?

Collapse -
Please tell more.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 4, 2012 8:15 PM PDT

- What do you mean with "vevo attached to a music clip"? What is a "vevo" and how do you attach it to a clip on youtube?
- Do you have an example for us of such a clip? I see nothing special if I go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/VEVO, just one normal flash-video (already viewed 243,954 times).
- On their site http://comingsoon.vevo.com/ I can't see anything (I'm in the wrong country), but I'm invited to go their channel on Youtube I gave above and that works on my PC (don't have a Samsung smart TV, however).

Kees

Collapse -
Re: Vevo clips not working on Samsung bluray for youtube
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 5, 2012 12:08 AM PDT

Hi Daze073,

Let me put it this way. Admittedly, this is more blunt that I usually am, but I was trying to beat around this bush about it: this was VEVO's decision; Samsung Blu-ray players and TV's are completely capable of playing the video, but VEVO will not allow those devices to play their videos. Why? I have some suspicions, but I don't know, so I won't say anything.

However, I will point out this is not unusual: I've seen VEVO block videos embedded into Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, and many other social platforms all not working properly where they give a 'not available' message. So if you want resolution to this issue, contact the content creator, in this case, VEVO.

Hope this clears up everything. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
vevo clips not working on samsung bluray for youtube
by Daze073 / September 5, 2012 9:04 PM PDT

hi

thanks for the information. now it;s clear why this ia happening,very silly if you ask me as your still using the youtube app to opne up the clips,

Collapse -
RE
by liljester / September 15, 2012 11:16 PM PDT

i suspect that the app uses some sort of HTTP request to pull movies from youtube... it we could change the "user agent" on our samsung devices to that of a common internet browser we may be able to watch VEVO videos because VEVO wouldnt know it was a BD player.

Collapse -
Vevo clips not working on Samsung bluray for YouTube
by Daze073 / September 18, 2012 8:53 PM PDT
In reply to: RE

Thanks for the input

I still think its stupid that this is happening on a bluray player.

There has to be a solution

Collapse -
This isn't why we bought a $2000 tv...
by MeghanStorm / January 27, 2013 2:51 AM PST

I am thoroughly disappointed in this brand. If I had known that I would not be able to play videos on this device I would never have purchased it. The person who sold it to me at bed buy assured me that it played all video content. You might want to stop "beating around the bush" on this issue, and get the word out that this is a HUGE problem with your operating soft wear.

I don't care about "Vevo", per se, but I do care about being about having full access to all internet content on a big screen with decent speakers. This is essential to my livelihood.

I understand that Sony and Samsung are competing to be #1 TV at the moment. I hope that you realize that being unable to watch the music video's that we want to will absolutely push us to SONY even though we prefer Samsung. You make the better TV but unless Samsung finds a means to give customers access to the Artists we want to see you will fail, and very soon.

Collapse -
You had my attention until you wrote all.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2013 2:58 AM PST

That's a tall order and even a PC or Apple computer can't do this.

I think to get close to what you want you would have to put a PC or Apple into the mix.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: access to all internet content
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 27, 2013 3:16 AM PST

Then all you need to buy is a $4.88 HDMI cable (for example http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sky-Tech-CHATA118-HDMI-Cable-6/17376614) between your PC or laptop (source) and TV (destination), assuming your PC video card has HDMI out.

Then you can view all you view on your PC screen on the TV screen. That includes movies encoded in Flash, HMTL, Adobe Air, Microsoft Silverlight, paid content (because your PC lets you pay with PayPal or creditcard), Java and Javascript games, all you can think of. You're not dependent on Samsung or Sony or LG to update their firmware, you can always choose the latest Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome if the other two don't support some new feature yet. Not to speak of the output of all apps that run on your (Windows 8, iPad, Android) tablet of phone with hdmi out.
It's future proof, so to say, much more than any TV or BR-player you can imagine.

Does a Sony TV play video in Silverlight or iPad apps?

$5 is cheap for something that is essential for your livelihood, isn't it? In fact, it's negligible compared with a $2000 TV.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.