PC Applications forum

Question

Veteran Non-Profit needs Medical Intake Software

by Ana_HWP / May 13, 2013 3:28 PM PDT

We are a new non-profit focused on delivering therapies to Service members and their families, Healing Warriors Program. We are looking for software that enables us to do a medical intake and case notes as we are opening our first clinic shortly. We would be using notebooks or iPads and we need to be HIPPA compliant. Would appreciate any help with recommendations.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Veteran Non-Profit needs Medical Intake Software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Veteran Non-Profit needs Medical Intake Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Since I see this with a simple search.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2013 2:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
Clarification reply
by Ana_HWP / May 14, 2013 1:43 PM PDT

We are looking for recommendations on software from users and/or support staff. Guidance on what has worked well for them -- and equally as important, what to stay away from. We already have determined several candidates for that list. Since the people working with these tools are the ones with the most knowledge, it made sense to post a question and ask for feedback.

Collapse -
Is there something more to this?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2013 1:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Clarification reply

That area is pretty well done as far as software goes. However, in my experience when the client writes they are non-profit that's the code words for "we need this to be free." That's pretty tough since all that HIPPA certification costs.
Bob

Collapse -
Clarification reply
by Ana_HWP / May 14, 2013 3:09 PM PDT

Non-profits have rigorous reporting and tracking needs.

Collapse -
therapy software
by timothyhadl / September 8, 2013 6:59 PM PDT

You can go for therapy software. It will definitely help to get the best results. Good luck for your future endeavors.

Collapse -
therapy sofware
by jamesmount / October 18, 2013 5:32 PM PDT
In reply to: therapy software
Collapse -
Clarification Request
What type of care?
by theranest / May 15, 2013 1:03 AM PDT

I'm curious as to the kind of therapies. Is this counseling and mental health or are you offering other medical services?
If it's just mental health and counseling therapies, you can check out our product:
http://www.theranest.com

Otherwise, you can take a look at Practice Fusion.

Collapse -
Clarification: Type of care
by Ana_HWP / May 15, 2013 1:56 AM PDT
In reply to: What type of care?

Thank you for the information, we will look into these. Our Phase 1 offers acupuncture, cranio sacral therapy and healing touch. We need a medical intake including surgeries, meds, etc. The primary objective is support for pain and ptsd symptoms and these 3 were chosen for launch because of recent studies with military. There are no talk therapies. We need good documentation, SOAP notes etc., and are gathering data for further study. Thank you again.

Collapse -
Type of Care
by theranest / May 15, 2013 2:23 AM PDT

I would say take a look at practicefusion.com since it's free and you're a non-profit (although they have ads). There are obviously lots of good products out there too other than practicefusion.
It will be hard for you to find something that fully meets your needs all in one place, but you can supplement with other tools.

TheraNest works great for counseling and mental health but as of the current version, probably won't fully meet your needs because you need a full EMR system for the things you're talking about. You can recommend us to other therapists and counselors of course Happy

Good luck in your search.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
A tip about such.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2013 1:49 PM PDT

I go to trade shows to look at such things. Just a few months ago I was at some cellular trade show and next door was some medical software convention. I think those are great to see what's out there as well as getting face time with your software vendors.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
for therapy software
by timothyhadl / September 8, 2013 7:02 PM PDT

You can go for therapy software. It will definitely help to get the best results. Good luck for your future endeavors.

Collapse -
Answer
therapy software
by jamesmount / September 20, 2013 7:10 PM PDT

I have a question regarding the therapy software. Which therapy software is good for back pain problem. Please suggest me. Thanks

Collapse -
Answer
This thread is a spam magnet.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2013 2:34 AM PDT

And is now closed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.