Windows 7 forum

by imran_ilu49 / February 20, 2013 3:06 PM PST

i have problem of blue screen in my hp pavilion notebook
after updated from microsoft in win 7 i had problem.even after fresh win 7 installation problem still there.

pls help me out

problem in blue screen is as follow.

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}
the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with the status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x001003a8).

the system has been shut down.

pls help me asap.with hope.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: VERY ANNOYING FATAL ERROR PLS HELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: VERY ANNOYING FATAL ERROR PLS HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: fatal error
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 3:55 PM PST

If the problem persists after a fresh install from the original installation media, it's a hardware issue. All you can do yourself: reset the BIOS to default values.

Collapse -
by imran_ilu49 / February 20, 2013 4:45 PM PST
In reply to: Re: fatal error

thanks for reply,
i also cant go in safe mode too ,,,and its happen only when after running 2-3hour system when i restart blue screen occurs.

anyway can u tell me how to update bios for my notebook.??its product name is hp pavilion dv2308tx

do needfull pls.

Collapse -
Re: restart
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 4:58 PM PST
In reply to: HELP

Why do you restart after running 2-3 hours?

You get into the BIOS setup by pressing some key (or even key-combination) early during the boot. Usual keys for that are delete, escape, F2, F10. I don't know which one is the one to use for your Pavillion. But it might be shown on the screen, or it is mentioned in the user manual, or you can find it on the support pages for that laptop at the HP-site, or you can ask HP's Customer Service.

Collapse -
by imran_ilu49 / February 20, 2013 5:22 PM PST
In reply to: Re: restart

ya i know its f10 key

but dear i dont know how to update bios can u tell me that procedure..

and i can't get into safe mode too so dont u think its Software problem m just asking ur suggestion ..

and for your further reference i put here link to snapshot of my blue screen error so pls go through it and say me exact possible solution .

thanks and hope co-operation from you

Collapse -
by imran_ilu49 / February 20, 2013 5:32 PM PST
In reply to: help

i restart bcoz there is problem of such kind that if i restart after after 2-3 hours i get such kind of blue screen error so for verify that problem persist or not i restart it to check.hope u get it dear.

Collapse -
by imran_ilu49 / February 20, 2013 5:36 PM PST
Collapse -
Re: help
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 5:57 PM PST

If I wait till I can download, then it wants me to install a program (iLivid). So I couldn't look at the picture.
And I don't get it: you restart to see if there's a problem if you restart.

And I didn't ask you to update the BIOS. I just asked you to reset it to defaults. There might be an option to do that if you enter the setup.
If you feel you are unable to do that, my guess is that it's some hardware issue (could even be heat if you didn't clean the fans and the inside of the case for a long time). So better find a repair shop.

Collapse -
by imran_ilu49 / February 20, 2013 6:01 PM PST
In reply to: Re: help

i mean first time i start it its boot completely but after runing 2-3 hours and if i restart it i get blue screen error

sorry for the trouble in understanding my english.

ok i will try to find out how to reset bios and update you.till you go through the pic through that link.

thanks dear

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.