Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Samsung

General discussion

Vertical color lines on 8000 series LED TV

by amdaley / March 25, 2010 9:44 AM PDT

8000 series LED Tv,2 months old.Model no UE40B8000XW.

I have red & green thin vertical lines on the right hand half of my screen. Only started tonight.
Not a signal problem as with everything disconnected from the TV I can still see it on the right hand half of the TV menu.
Any ideas please.
Regards.
Tony

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Vertical color lines on 8000 series LED TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Vertical color lines on 8000 series LED TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2010 9:11 AM PDT

amdaley,

I would recommend having your unit inspected and serviced by a repair technician, particularly if you're still within warranty. I don't know of any fixes that I could offer that would affect lines like you've described.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by amdaley / March 26, 2010 10:39 PM PDT

Panel is only two months old so within warranty.Samsung are going to pick it up & see whats to be done with it.When is another question Happy

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 27, 2010 7:13 AM PDT

amdaley,

Without being part of the service team, I do know that in some cases you can ask about technician availability, or at least get the tech's information so you can contact them directly. Just thought I'd offer that if it helps.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by amdaley / March 31, 2010 9:42 PM PDT

Panel has now been collected & taken away for assessment as to whether it will be repaired or replaced.

Collapse -
Vertical Color Lines
by mpeewee15 / April 20, 2010 4:42 AM PDT

I have a samsung LN40A650 with touch of color. Mine is 16 months old.
I have vertical lines as you but only on the right half of TV. I called samsung and was given their parts service J&J International. I was told it was more than likely my T-CON board and I needed to replace the P-Flat cable with the board. I did and it did not help. I returned the board and was sent another because they said the new board could be bad. I replaced the board again with the 2nd new board and it still did not help. I called 3 different independent tech's from Texas to New York and everyone said that it is the LCD panel more than likely. Their reason is because the vertical lines being localized to the right side only and I had obviously replaced the only other likely cause. The T-CON board is really a Video Graphics Card on a computer just a different title. Good thing your in warranty. A new panel for my 40" runs $780.00

Collapse -
UN40B6000 Help!!
by amdaley / April 20, 2010 7:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Vertical Color Lines

They tried to return it last week but I was away so it will probably arrive some time this week. Don't know if its a new panel or a repair ?

Collapse -
Same problem, UNC658000 Thin lines right side of screen
by StevenCinNYC / February 18, 2011 10:52 AM PST

My TV is only 3 weeks old. The lines are sort of green and magenta, only on the right side of the screen, regardless of input/source. The TV hasn't been moved or disturbed in any way. I've really been liking it, especially once I overcame the soap opera effect. I'll contact tech support, but I'd love to find an easy fix!

Collapse -
Same problem, UNC658000 Thin lines right side of screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 24, 2011 12:48 PM PST

StevenCinNYC,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your new TV.

Unless this is occurring from your source box, such as a game console or satellite or cable box, it's likely going to require service.

I'd be interested in hearing how this turns out if you already contacted service and they are able to inspect or diagnose your unit. Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Returning TV to Best Buy
by StevenCinNYC / February 24, 2011 8:27 PM PST

Thanks for the note.

Samsung tech support had me do the self-diagnostic which confirmed that the TV was broken. The problem is occurring with all inputs. They offered to service it, I wanted it replaced it was new. It was within Best Buy's return window so they were very straightforward about swapping it out for a new one.

Very disappointed in my TV, but Best Buy was good about it, and hopefully the replacement will last longer than 3 weeks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.