Phones forum

General discussion

Verizon smartphone to sync with Outlook Calendar

by pdoyle10 / October 31, 2009 10:30 AM PDT

Hi, i have read that windows mobile smartphones will sync with Outlook calendar 2003. I need to replace my Palm TX as it has had too many problems syncing with Outlook; dropping appointments, duplicating, error messages. I assume winmo device will sync flawlessly with OUtlook; true?
also; any opinion on Samsung Omnia, or HCT Imagio?
Also; any way to use smartphone for phone, calendar, contacts, tasks, syncing with Outlook; but not have to pay additional $45/mo. for enterprise server email capability? Verizon isn't offering any discounts; I pay $100/mo for 2100 minutes already, and the smartphone would bring that up to $145/mo.
any suggestions appreciated

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Verizon smartphone to sync with Outlook Calendar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Verizon smartphone to sync with Outlook Calendar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 4, 2009 12:22 AM PST

Sorry but after this many years I've yet to find fool proof solutions. While I use WM devices and am currently porting my old PalmOS apps to WM I haven't found the one yet. What one? That one device that will replace my TX. I'm sure I'll find it soon.

As to outlook, 2003 ain't that bad. The only time it lost something was my fault. I had the sync settings wrong.

Collapse -
Apps you can't beat?
by pdoyle10 / November 5, 2009 2:12 AM PST
In reply to: Flawless?

thanks Bob; good point, nothing is flawless when it comes to tech.
just curious; you can't replace your TX; what apps are you using that can't be beat?
i dont think i'm using all the apps i could be...
thanks, pdoyle

Collapse -
The apps I wrote.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2009 7:40 AM PST
In reply to: Apps you can't beat?

The apps are industrial and nothing you may ever see. I wrote starting in 2000 and this is the last year for PalmOS devices. Not bad to last 9+ years. But times change and I'm making the leap to WM for these apps. In 2010 the plan is to get some of these onto the Blackberry. I'm agnostic to the platforms so no torch bearing here.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.