Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

V2 Premiere Computer

by chrmn2k / September 20, 2005 1:06 AM PDT

I am considering this computer sold by but I am unable to get a review or product evluation on price, performance or support. Any suggestions? Also, why, or did this person call V2 Tech Support at 1-877-882-4562. What, if any, were the results? Thanks!
The company name is Viscom Technology Group.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: V2 Premiere Computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: V2 Premiere Computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
V2 Premiere Computer
by Themisive / September 20, 2005 1:39 AM PDT
In reply to: V2 Premiere Computer

If you can, try one of the internet sites - Novatech or Dabs, they do full systems and they're not that expensive

Collapse -
by chelcie3 / May 18, 2006 3:00 AM PDT

It's garbage as well as any electronics sold on ShopNBC. Do your research and google the v2premier. You'll see what I mean. There are complaints everywhere.

Collapse -
My personal Opinion
by dvesh / May 18, 2006 5:57 AM PDT

Hi buddy, I have builded my own computer instead paying company for selling me what they got and not what I want. I have a P4 and these are the basic specs:

Motherboard: Intel D945PSN
Processor: Intel Pentium D 930 3.0(Dual Core)
RAM: 1GB DDR2 667MHz Dual Channel
ATi GPU x550 256RAM.. Supports Windows Vista and I'm currently running it with all the bells and whistles
PSU 450W
+ nice case and other things that include the DVD Burner and stuff... I don't wanna get into much details. All I wanna tell you is this:

I have paid for all my hardawe around 720 dollars and getting all the pieces togheder even when you have no knowlagde it won't take you more than 3 Hours. I was able to have it ready in less than 45 min but I build computers everyday so that makes a little difference speaking of time. Now if we talk about money you can save around $800 minimum to think about a nice Monitor+ other Hardware you may need. AND you will get a better computer builded by yourself, pleasing your needs and having a good time with your kids and the Ice cream a little away from the pieces of course... Concider this and you will safe another bucks for the Disney weekend!!

Hope this help

Collapse -
Building your own PC
by Merl Priester / May 18, 2006 7:56 AM PDT
In reply to: My personal Opinion

If you are computer savvy and are capable of doing an OS install, then you can decide whether to build your own system or not. Realize that as the previous poster said you can save 800.00, is not even close to true. At todays prices, you would be hard pressed to build a system with the same specs for what you can buy retail for.

Yes you can get the cheapest of components, but when they don't work then who are you going to call?

I have built systems for years, but stopped doing any except my own. Off the shelf has a warranty, tech support and you can just return it if it doesn't work to start with.

Compaq - HP - DELL - Gateway Everyone has a good story and tales of disaster to tell about each.
If your going DELL, buy from the business division and get GOLD tech support.

Off the shelp I have sold many Compaq and HP units. Once in awhile they have the same problems you would if you built your own, such as hard drive failures, mainboard failures, bad DVD drives, etc.

If you are willing to be your own troubleshooter and return parts to the manufacturer of the parts for replacement, then build your own, but I recommend not doing that if you're not pretty well up on how to do it.

Grammar quite often can tell you about the person giving you information. When I read the prior post, it gave a wealth of information about that person's abilities.

Good Luck

Collapse -
Excuse me?
by dvesh / May 19, 2006 2:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Building your own PC

Well, Grammar is not my best as you saw in my previous post. English is not my mother language either but I could do it really good in Italian, Spanish and French and even in your language. With all respect sir I don't think you should be pointing at the Grammar as a rule to measure my knowledge and I wasn't wrong when I said he could save $800. My system was built just 4 weeks ago and I didn't make any "grammar" mistake building it. If you read the all post you will find a link to take a look at the system this person wanted to buy and the price he was going to spend. That's the point I have to do the comparison. DELL, COMPAQ, HP and many other have lot of systems that are not as good as the one I just built and they will cost you around $875. I bought a Compaq for my son around 2 month and a half ago. Intel CELERON 512 RAM, 2.8GHz, DVD-CD Writer and I had to pay $849, 1 year guaranty. Of course these systems has been made to die after 1 year and 1 day when your warranty is expired. Also they build their systems with the cheapest hardware available at the time and for that very reason they don't last long.

Let me also point out something else. DELL has the worst record speaking of poor quality products here in my workspace. I have at least 6 systems a day to change either the power supply or the fried motherboard in Dell's computers. All my co-workers are recommending customers to go for different alternatives because DELL is not the best option out there in the market right now.

Finally I also recommend you to start building systems again because it seems to me you are out of date when you talk about hardware prices and reliability.

Spero quest'aiuto

Collapse -
last response
by Merl Priester / May 20, 2006 6:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Excuse me?

Grammar notwithstanding, the link he posted, is a V2 premier (Laptop). Obviously a desktop can be built for less, but no individuals are building laptops. and I would see no reason to start on a tangent to desktops when that is not what he is considering.

Compare apples to apples.

Collapse -
by Themisive / May 21, 2006 12:28 AM PDT
In reply to: last response

V2 are not so hot, in fact where I live most stores won't even stock them. Try getting a good laptop from any of Novatatch or Dabs, I don't use a laptop, as I have no reason to, and like the previous posters I have built my own desktop computer.

However, for a variety of reasons that is not practical with laptops, so my advice would be to look for a reputable manufacturer and pay the price.

Personally I don't use a laptop as the machine is for home use, so I got the parts and built my own machine, the beauty of that is that you can get EXACTLY what you want in the way of specs - and it does save money!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.