Audio & Video Software forum

Question

Uploading a new CD with multiple artists wont upload as 1 CD

by apderry / December 5, 2012 10:17 PM PST

For example, I recently purchased Slashs 2010 solo CD that has a different guest artist for vocals on all 13 songs. Instead of uploading it as 1 CD with 13 songs, it uploads it as 13 seperate songs and no artwork. I have many CDs that are compilations of artists and its the same issue with all of them. Anyone find a resolution yet?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Uploading a new CD with multiple artists wont upload as 1 CD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Uploading a new CD with multiple artists wont upload as 1 CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
If these are commercial recordings,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 6, 2012 7:35 AM PST

then I'm pretty sure they upload into iTunes as a single CD.

Your problem is probably in the way you are viewing your tracks.

Try changing the view to Albums instead of tracks and you will find that Slashs 2010 solo CD appears as one CD with multiple guest artists

P

Collapse -
No....been doing that
by apderry / December 6, 2012 9:07 AM PST

I have been uploading and viewing as albums since itunes pretty much came out. But everytime I upload a CD with multiple artists, it uploads them all as separate songs instead of one CD.

Collapse -
Nod.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2012 10:02 AM PST
In reply to: No....been doing that

Mix CDs do that. Let me know if you find a solid cure.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Uploading a new CD with multiple artists wont upload as 1 CD
by angelfan90805 / December 8, 2012 3:17 AM PST

Apdery:

What I do is this.

Before you rip the CD into iTunes I put the name of the vocalist on the name of the track instead of it being
listed in the artist window.

After I get done with that I will highlight all of the album tracks and rename the album and artist to what you want.

I then highlight all of the tracks and go into the info screen. I click on options and make sure the part of a compilation box is unchecked. Most of the time when a guest artist is listed, it will have the part of a compilation
box checked.

It should then create one folder with all of the songs on it instead of having 13 different folders for one album due to the guest vocalists. Examples would be Slash featuring Miles Kennedy, Slash featuring Lemmy. I am guessing you want all of the Slash tracks in his own folder.

Soundtracks and compilations are trickier. If you want just one folder with all of the songs then the part of a compilation box has to be checked. If you want a separate folder for the artist(s) you would uncheck it, but you
would have to go back and add the artwork in each folder afterwards.

I know it is a pain to do this.

Collapse -
Wow! Is this really the only way?
by Mark NF / December 8, 2012 5:32 AM PST

Thanks angelfan90805 for your answer. I've been trying to solve this for years. But it seems like a real bug in itunes that should have been fixed way before this. I'm just wondering if there isn't just some setting somewhere that I've missed. It just seems that all the tracks on a downloaded cd should by default be kept together or at the very least, there should be a way to drag and drop tracks from one album folder to another.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.