I would definitely go for the 1080P. No doubt in my mind what-so-ever.
Given that 1080p and Blu-Ray technology is now the standard we would like to know if we would truly benefit by purchasing a new 1080p LCD HDTV and Blu-Ray player. Would the upgrade in video performance be worth the expense?
Here is a list of our current AV setup
1. Sony KDF46E2000 HDTV (1080i max)
2. Denon AVR 987 (1080p max w/HDMI 1.1)
3. Directv HD HR20-700 DVR (Directv Service) (1080p max)
4. Denon CD/SACD/DVD 2200
5. Toshiba HD-DVD HD-A1 (1080i max)
6. Infinity Alpha Series Model 50,37c,20 Speakers used in a 5.1 configuration
7. Valodyne VA2000 Sub-woofer
9. Monster Premium Cabling
10.Monster HT3600 Mk II Power Center