Camcorders forum

Resolved Question

Unstable Image on PB, Sony Video 8 Handicam CCD-TR65

by Editmom / June 3, 2013 12:46 PM PDT

Having image stability problems within the viewfinder on playing back cassettes. I know it cannot be my cassettes because when I change them out, I consistently have the same problem.

Consequently, I cannot transfer them.

I tried cleaning the heads both with a head cleaner and with Q-Tips and rubbing alcohol. This has not solved my problem.

I am wondering if it is an alignment issue. I cannot locate online a photo/diagram of what the capstan, idler alignment should look like, so I haven't any if they are mis-aligned.

Naturally, I am on a very tight time crunch with this, so waiting for repair won't work. I'd sooner have to buy another camera.

I have not located the same camera to buy, but I did locate the Sony 8mm Handicam CCD-TR66, for sale locally, for $45. SO, I am investigating buying that if I cannot find some resolution trying to make mine work.

SUGGESTIONS????

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE for your willingness to help me.

Editmom has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unstable Image on PB, Sony Video 8 Handicam CCD-TR65
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unstable Image on PB, Sony Video 8 Handicam CCD-TR65
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Editmom

Collapse -
Just so you know.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 4, 2013 1:49 AM PDT

No one I know in service aligns such things. They replace the drive or the camcorder. My background includes engineering support for a CCTV manufacturing company but let's hope you get your video out before we can't find more equipment.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks.
by Editmom / June 5, 2013 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Just so you know.

Am receiving fancy head cleaner today. Hope it does the trick.

Collapse -
Let me share.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 5, 2013 2:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks.

The service department used a few cleaning fluids and lint free cleaning swabs. I don't remember what the fluids were but it definitely included the usual alcohol but as you could find peanut butter, urine and any thing else they kept at least 3 or more different fluids on hand.
Bob

Collapse -
Hey
by Editmom / June 5, 2013 10:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Let me share.

I solved the playback issue. Good head cleaning - and now the pb image is stable.
BUT
1 how do you monitor audio during pb from the camera itself? I see no way to do it, and when I load into imovie, it doesn't allow it either.
2. I see digitizing to imovie is prohibitive- as the image stabilization ot renders after digitizing is real time... so, twice the time.
2. The image, in imovie, is unstable.
I don't know how to fix this.
I will try to digitize into FCPX (the trial version) and see if it works any better. If it doesn't, then I will be looking for other digitizing programs. Jeez--- I should just get 30K and get back on an Avid!

Suggestions??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

SEEING COLORS?

What do the color stripes mean on your tires?

Brian Cooley tells you why you might see various color lines on the wheels of your automobile.