Phones forum

General discussion

Unlocked Non-Verizon phones to use on Verizon Network

by techidiot / May 14, 2004 8:41 AM PDT

I have a verizon plan with 6 months left on my contract. My cell phone LCD was smashed but the phone still works for calls. I would like to replace the phone, but don't want to spend $250 for a verizon phone that I don't even like if I can get a much better phone for the same price through another vendor or on ebay. How do I know what phones are compatibe with verizon? Anyone know if the Motorola V300-400-600s would work?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unlocked Non-Verizon phones to use on Verizon Network
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unlocked Non-Verizon phones to use on Verizon Network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Unlocked Non-Verizon phones to use on Verizon Network
by cbailey101 / June 18, 2004 11:57 AM PDT

If you find a phone on ebay all you have to do is email them and get the IMEI number located inside the phone under the battery and call your provider to see if this phone will work with that particular provider. Good Luck

Collapse -
by andco / June 26, 2004 2:17 PM PDT

No..v300-400-600 is GSM phones ...Verizon use CDMA...
Look for CDMA phones...the only this kind of phones work with Verizon.

Collapse -
by trix2345 / July 22, 2004 2:54 PM PDT

i have verizon also.if u resign with them for a year or two u can get a rebate on ur next phone. u should check into it at ur nearest verizon store. i have been with them for a little over 2 years now. and since i have the new every two on my account i have a 100 dollar rebate waitin for me when i decide to resign with them. i am just waitin for the right phone with the features i want to come out. also i have the phone ins. on my account too. if u do u may get a new phone that way. also they may be able to just replace the lcd for u at the verizon store's tech service department.
hope this helps answer ur question.
john from sc

Collapse -
by CellPhoneidiot / August 2, 2004 4:23 AM PDT

Any CDMA Phone will work on a verizon system is it is unlocked. I would advise you to not get any prepaid phone like a Tracphone or a Virgin Mobile. htey are unprogramable. I would ask the seller before buying. Or go down to the Verizon store with the phone's information before buying also.

Good Luck!

Collapse -
by strykernyc / August 5, 2004 11:35 PM PDT

u ever heard of insurance, pay $4 a month u can change ur phone 4 times a yr thats what i do when my cell gets scratch and is free other than the $4 a month wth.
best of all if ur phone is old they give u the newest model of ur brand model hah. i pay $300 for mine now i got a better one free Happy oh wait i have sprintpcs not sure if verizon does it like this

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.