Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

uninstall pc tools spyware doctor

by scott040262 / February 21, 2009 1:18 AM PST

I have a dell inspiron 1720 with vista premium installed.My question is i have tryed to uninstall pc tools spyware doctor when i try the message is tool tray missing.I cant in stall my new 2009 kaspersky soft ware until this is resoved please help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: uninstall pc tools spyware doctor
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: uninstall pc tools spyware doctor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have never used it but if
by roddy32 / February 21, 2009 1:39 AM PST

you go to this product support page and put a tick into the "Spyware Doctor" icon and follow the prompts for your paticular issue, you might find some help.
http://www.pctools.com/contact/support/

If you can't find an answer there I think there is also an option there on the same page to contact them.

Collapse -
Uninstall pc tools spyware doctor
by colquhoun3709 / February 21, 2009 7:14 AM PST

Hi,I had the same problem,I could not find the file any where,My advise is to keep on emailing pc tools support,Please don't let them of the hook by them not answering your email's etc,They will walk you through it in the end,Just keep pumping the email's into them,They did for me,I STILL DON"T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS sorry,All the best

Collapse -
Completely Uninstall Spyware Doctor
by dsnevada / June 6, 2009 9:32 AM PDT

If you have already uninstalled Spyware Doctor, but are stuck with a stubborn program file you can't remove, that could be your problem. If so, I can suggest the following steps.

If already uninstalled, reinstall Spyware Doctor, and make the necessary updates.
When finished, then download and install the program, REVO UNINSTALLER. It is a
free uninstall program, available from CNET (and other download sites).

If Spyware Doctor is still already fully installed, then simply download and install, REVO INSTALLER.

In either situation, next open REVO INSTALLER, and choose Spyware Doctor to uninstall,
using the ADVANCED option. Select all registry items shown in the uninstalling process, and
DELETE them.

This completely removed Spyware Doctor from my Sony Vaio computer with Vista Premium SP2.

Good luck!

Collapse -
Completely Uninstall Spyware Doctor (B)
by dsnevada / June 6, 2009 9:51 AM PDT

In my previous post, I sometimes referred to the program,
Revo Uninstaller as Revo Installer, in error.
Wherever you see Revo Installer, that should be understood as Revo Uninstaller.

Collapse -
Uninstall Spyware Doctor completely
by darthifan / December 19, 2009 10:09 PM PST

I too used REVO uninstaller to remove the system files of Spyware Doctor too. Very useful and easy tool to use.

Collapse -
uninstall pc tools sipyware doctor
by justnowmary / May 17, 2010 9:34 AM PDT

I also am trying to find a way to uninstall pc tools spyware. Is anyone out there??

Collapse -
Spyware doctor uninstall
by jahalcrow / May 21, 2010 6:39 PM PDT

Spyware doctor is actually a virus that you picked up somewhere along the line. The threats that it claims to have found are entirely untrue and are used as a means to promote the purchase of the full product. THIS IS A SCAM!! If you google spyware doctor there is more information available. The uninstall program previously mentioned is very easy to use and will uninstall this "program"
Best of luck!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.