PC Applications forum

Alert

Uninstall of TuneUp Utilities

by Clorey69 / March 10, 2013 6:45 AM PDT

I am so upset right now about this stupid program. I downloaded it in Oct. of 2012 and I remember putting a Halloween kind of image/graphic as a start up for windows xp.
I have installed and uninstalled this program so many times and this darn Halloween theme graphic still keeps coming up. I hate it and I can't get rid of it. In hindsite, it may have been the 2012 version of this program, but when I try to find it, it gives me the 2013 version. How can I get rid of this thing, it is driving me crazy. How can I get in touch with Tune Up Utilities? Does anyone have any idea as to what I should do now, or am I stuck with it? Thanks to anyone who can give me their help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Uninstall of TuneUp Utilities
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Uninstall of TuneUp Utilities
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: uninstall
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 10, 2013 6:52 AM PDT

You ask about the uninstall of TuneUp utilities. Then 3 lines below that, you have uninstalled it many times already. So it seems you answered your question already.

But maybe your subject line isn't accurate?

Kees

Collapse -
to Kees re uninstall of tuneup utilities
by Clorey69 / March 10, 2013 9:02 AM PDT

Kees you are totally correct in what I wrote on the subject line I guess I should have put something like after uninstalling TuneUp Utilities, there is an item that keeps coming up on the screen when I start up windows every time. It is like a graphic that was installed with TuneUp Utilities. I just cannot get rid of it. It was installed with the 2012 or 2013 version. Yes I have installed and uninstalled it many times, I tried to get rid of this darn Halloween whatever it is called, but I still see it all the time. I do apologize for my error. Still, can you help me?Thx Kees

Collapse -
Re: graphic
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 10, 2013 6:04 PM PDT
Collapse -
uninstalling TuneUp Utilities
by Clorey69 / March 28, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: graphic

Hello Kees,

Thank you for your answer. If the sites you are referring to are for the bootup screen, which is a Halloween graphic, how do I do this. I know how to download the file, but where do I download it too and how to I get it to replace the Halloween one that TU Util. left behind? I have been looking at the registry etc., but I won't touch anything. So please let me know how to change the bootup screen. Thanks a lot.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.