Spyware, Viruses, & Security

General discussion

Uniblue

by ktmcadam / August 19, 2010 6:07 PM PDT

I am surprised that CNET still advertises Uniblue products.

I used one of their 'lets us make your computer run better' products and it has totally destroyed my netbook! It deleted essential files in nearly all my programs and is costing me time and money to get my computer stripped and cleaned up.

Needles to say I have asked for my money back and ensured that I will not but automatically charged for updates. Waiting to see if they come through with the refunds.

Warning: don't unse Uniblue

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Uniblue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Uniblue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hope your PC is back to working condition again
by Donna Buenaventura / August 20, 2010 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Uniblue

I hope to suggest only using Web of Trust add-on for IE or Firefox so next time you'll find interesting software, you will see the community's feedback on particular software. Example, Uniblue.com has yellow because of low reputation while registrybooster.com got 'red'.
Comments by WOT users is posted to allow other WOT or internet users decide before buying or using a program.
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.uniblue.com
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.registrybooster.com

We can also just search mywot.com for the status of a URL or websites, if installing the add-on is not preferred.

Collapse -
uniblue uninstall
by areallnamesinuse / February 10, 2013 9:36 PM PST
In reply to: Uniblue

It's a horrible product. I had a very difficult time uninstalling it from my Mom's computer. In the control panels, I uninstalled it and then emptied the trash, but during this process it automatically linked me back to their web site, asking for money and a change of mind. I continued but somehow this step must have reinstalled the software. So upon restart, there it was again, scanning my harddrive and asking for money.
I uninstalled it a second time, closing internet explorer immediately when it began to open to their site. This time it really seems to be gone. Fingers crossed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.