Samsung forum

Unbelievably humiliating treatment

by IsraelCustomer1 / November 27, 2012 12:55 AM PST

I am approaching you as a final alternative.

On August 31, 2012 I bought 2 Samsung TV's with full insurance at Israel.
1. UA46D5500
2. UA40D6400

Firstly, I would like to share that, as I started looking for buying a TV, Samsung was at my first priority.

Unfortunately, the UA465500 came with a couple of defects. There are thin stripes along the bottom of the screen, and the image flickers. I will recall that the TV is new with the clear plastic sheeting yet on it.

Much to my disappointment, as I was trying to solve the problem with the company that provides the insurance in Israel (SamLine.LTD) I received bad and offensive treatment from the telephone receptionist. Unbelievably, humiliating treatment to a customer!

After long time waiting, they agreed to replace the TV to 46EH5300 but refused to provide me the model I bought UA46D5500. Another suggestion was to replace the D5500 to ES6200 but they want me to add 500$ more! This is outrageous.

Needless to mention, that the D5500 is a more prestigious model which I chose carefully before buying. Moreover, the EH5300 is thicker and less exclusive.

I insist of receiving a new TV the exact model. If there is no such in stock, then a D6400 /ES6200 model, which is more close to the D5500. But, it is unthinkable to get EH5300 for the D5500.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until 14 days before seeking help from a consumer protection agency.

Mr. Keinan Shimshon

E-mail -

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unbelievably humiliating treatment
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unbelievably humiliating treatment
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Service Issue with UA46D5500
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 27, 2012 1:49 AM PST

Hi Keinan,

Thanks for your message, and I'm sorry that you've had such a poor experience. But just so you know: if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Israel portal for support on that product:

HD Tech

Collapse -
by IsraelCustomer1 / November 28, 2012 2:09 AM PST

Unfortunately, I've got bad treatment from the Isreali customer care.
I want to approach the main team at NJ / Korea.

Please give me an email address of global samsung customer care.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.