Android forum

General discussion

Unable to get internet from wifi connectivity hotspot

by SainathBysani / August 22, 2013 10:15 PM PDT

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought a phone (Sony Experia SP ). The thing is that I want internet via wifi hotsopt.

I am getting connected and symbol also showing on my phone. But data is not coming means not able to surf the internet.

And the software that I am using for hotspot is Connectivity hotsopt.

from this site:
I downloaded software

Thanks a lot in advance.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove email address to prevent abuse by spam harvesters and others on 08/23/2013 at 10:40 AM PT

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unable to get internet from wifi connectivity hotspot
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unable to get internet from wifi connectivity hotspot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In this case, try the more common "router."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2013 1:18 AM PDT

The reports of connectify trouble has me writing, if it doesn't work and they don't offer support, go elsewhere.

Collapse -
Is there any other way ?
by SainathBysani / August 23, 2013 4:19 AM PDT

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

You are saying something like router.. Can you please explain that once.

And is there any other simple way to get internet from laptop to mobile ?

Please provide information asap. Because it is some what urgent.

Collapse -
Odd question
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2013 4:41 AM PDT

The laptop does not have the internet. It gets access to the internet and if we knew about how this laptop gets it then we can discuss how to provide it for the mobile.

It's obvious to me that connectify has failed here. Their support is not answering here so for now my answer is to use a router.

Collapse -
Thanks for your reply.
by SainathBysani / August 24, 2013 3:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Odd question

Hello Bob,

We are getting internet through LAN connection. And the laptop that we are using is SONY vaio. Through cable we are getting internet to laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Try the other solutions.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2013 2:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for your reply.

Such as Virtual Router and ICS.

But that LAN connection could go to a router and you're done as well. Unless there is more to the story such as a college dorm, etc. But we're not discussing that, are we?

Collapse -
by SainathBysani / August 25, 2013 1:37 PM PDT

You are not getting my point bob. Actually we don't have router. Many people are using internet on their mobiles through wifi hotspot.

The thing is that we are unable to get it through that hotspot. I want that.

Anyways thanks a lot for giving reply for each and every thread that I given.

Collapse -
I guess I'm being unclear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 26, 2013 2:16 AM PDT
In reply to: No

You tried a solution and it failed. You have discovered the hard way there is no support for that and I'm offering other solutions.

It doesn't matter it works on other PCs, it doesn't work for you so you have to find another way.

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks Bob.
by SainathBysani / August 26, 2013 2:09 PM PDT
Collapse -
by iminmessaging / August 25, 2013 9:22 PM PDT

I don't know why you want to download a software when your device already has a hotspot function?

Collapse -
I didn't mean that.
by SainathBysani / August 26, 2013 2:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Hotspot

I know that my device is having hot spot function. My requirement is. Through LAN connection we are getting internet to laptop.

Many people are using a software called connectify-me which is a hotspot creator in laptops. The main functionality of this software is , it works like wifi router.

We are not in a position to buy a router. More over that software ( Connectify-me ) is an open source.

I want internet to my mobile by using this software.

So here my problem is that it is getting connected and wifi symbol also showing. But data is not coming.

So.. Is there any one in the world who can save my problem please !

Thanks a lot for giving replies dudes.

Collapse -
Try these...
by iminmessaging / August 26, 2013 6:30 PM PDT
In reply to: I didn't mean that.

If that is the case then you can use these software also:
1. WiFi Hotspot creator
2. Winhotspot
3. WiFi Hotspot creator

Collapse -
Thanks for your reply. But still the problem persists
by SainathBysani / August 27, 2013 5:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Try these...

Thanks a lot for giving reply.

I tried the softwares that you mentioned earlier i.e (Wifi hotspot creator & WinHotspot).

The status is that, it is connected with my laptop and wifi symbol with up link and down link arrows also showing in my mobile. But still I am not getting internet to my mobile.

What to do now ?

I think it is perfect and we are missing just one simple step / setting that how to get data to mobile.

Please please try to solve my problem.

Its very unfortunate that having good mobile phone without internet. Sad

Expecting a favorable reply from you all.

Collapse -
You might try...
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 27, 2013 9:50 PM PDT

.....talking to your phone manufacturer. Could be a technical issue with the phone itself. Are you still in warranty ?

Collapse -
I tried
by SainathBysani / August 28, 2013 1:42 PM PDT
In reply to: You might try...

Yes, my phone has warranty.

I think the problem is not with the phone. I am getting net when I am in office through wifi and mobile data..

The only thing is that I am unable via wifi hotspot.

Thanks for your reply dude.

Collapse -
Then the problem is in your laptop
by iminmessaging / August 28, 2013 6:36 PM PDT

As you mentioned that you have tried those software also and still your cell is not getting connected to internet and also that you phone does not have any problem (as told by you) then the problem is in your laptop only. Cause all these software can'y be corrupt.

Collapse -
Please tell me the solution then.
by SainathBysani / August 28, 2013 10:18 PM PDT

Hey.. You are absolutely right. This is what I am also thinking.

Please tell me how to overcome from this problem.

Collapse -
What you need to do
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2013 11:51 PM PDT

Is share that you tried all the suggestions so far.

It's not clear to me you did. And if you did then something's busted with this laptop so it becomes an issue for the repair shop to fix.

Collapse -
Take your laptop to service center
by iminmessaging / September 1, 2013 5:40 PM PDT

You should take your laptop to the service center and get it fixed. If it is under warranty period then its good for you.

Collapse -
(NT) Are you sure the problem is with laptop only or ??
by SainathBysani / September 1, 2013 10:07 PM PDT
Collapse -
As you said
by iminmessaging / September 2, 2013 8:42 PM PDT

As you mentioned earlier that you tried everything and still the problem persists that is why I think that the problem is in your laptop.

Collapse -
(NT) Thank you very much for your replies.
by SainathBysani / September 2, 2013 10:11 PM PDT
In reply to: As you said
Collapse -
by dadangseks / September 4, 2013 1:42 PM PDT

restart your android hehehe

Collapse -
same problem here ,help me please ...
by Orangegoku / October 23, 2013 11:46 AM PDT

I am having the same problem from 4 to 5 days ,i m using samsung galaxy core to connect my phone via wi fi to my dell inspiron 15R laptop for internet and my laptop is connected to a LAN.
Even after using many types of wifi hotspot software ,i can;t solve the problem.My phone also shows a wifi connection with up and down arrow. but no internet Sad

Collapse -
Painfully unclear what you are trying to do here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 23, 2013 12:16 PM PDT

I can't guess why you would connect a PC to the phone except to sync or tether. But in either case the LAN isn't in play.

If you are trying to do some odd internet access from phone to PC and share that on a LAN, it's very advanced and should fail for many reasons.

Collapse -
no no no
by Orangegoku / October 24, 2013 9:07 AM PDT

please listen what i am trying to explain
1>I need internet on my phone from wi fi.but i don't have a wi fi modem.
2>So i thought to make my laptop a wifi hotspot ,because i have a "wired" LAN to my laptop.
3>I connected my phone to my laptop so that i could get internet on my "phone" from laptop
Internet -> from my wired modem -> to my laptop ->to virtual wifi hotspot -> to my phone. thought virtual wi fi.

or i think i will just buy a wi-fi modem.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 25, 2013 7:03 AM PDT
In reply to: no no no

I've had success with the app VIRTUAL ROUTER on laptops but it's not easy to setup for those new to networking.

Collapse -
Same problem here
by water92melon / March 6, 2014 6:42 AM PST
In reply to: no no no

Hey,did you solve that? I have completely the same problem,I tried everything,but it still bothers me and it's really frustrating.

Collapse -
So Virtual Router, ICS and such fails?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 6, 2014 6:50 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem here

Time to start a new post with all the details since I doubt it's the same as the above.

Collapse -
I think the problem is with the internet provider
by SainathBysani / October 23, 2013 2:10 PM PDT

Yes.. These people are not understanding our requirement.
Its very unfortunate when you have a good phone with no internet connection.
You are getting this problem from 4 to 5 days.. Mine is from 4 to 5 months. Sad

Please help us out pals.

A big request to all of you.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.