AVG forum

General discussion

Unable to download Free edition 9.0

by marie.g.carlsson / November 20, 2009 12:34 AM PST

Hi,

please advise what error code 0xE001C011 means - I get this when trying to download the AVG free addition (9.0). I use Windows Xp and have removed my former Norman antivirus. Grateful for any info that might help. many thanks. Brgds Marie

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unable to download Free edition 9.0
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unable to download Free edition 9.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do You Have Adaware??????
by perrymanperry / November 21, 2009 1:35 AM PST

Adaware will stop AVG because it has a built in Virus Protector built in called threatware and it stop when it find it.

Collapse -
also have problem using avg with xp
by garza33 / November 21, 2009 4:16 AM PST

I run Windows XP pro with all the updates. My problem is not downloading, it's running the setup. When I try, with either 8 or 9, I get an error message that says I need to change my operating system to Windows 2000 sp4 with the update rollup. Is there a systemic problem that keeps avg from either downloading or running the setup with xp? The web page says it's supposed to run on xp, but I've had no luck with it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Collapse -
Link only.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 21, 2009 4:24 AM PST
Collapse -
AVG Version 9 Installation Problems
by rayfrailes / November 23, 2009 1:10 AM PST

Hi Marie, I have been experiencing problems "installing" V9 since having to "restore" my PC due to a different problem. Try OldApps.com where you will find all the previous versions of AVG and install any of the AVG Version 8's which are all listed there, if you are successfull in installing the Version 8, once installed AVG will automtically ask if you wish to update to the latest version (9) and if you agree, this will be installed. This worked for me !

rayfrailes

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.