Samsung forum

General discussion

Unable to Create a Samsung Apps Account

by expc75 / November 8, 2010 10:39 PM PST

I registered my HDTV with Samsung and attached the wireless network adapter. All's working fine. It downloaded a bunch of apps and I created a Login ID and Password. The Samsung Apps need to be registered and to do so I need a Samsung Apps Site ID and Password. The Apps site tells me to log in to my Samsung account (the one to register TV's etc.) and then click on the "Sign up" link to create a Samsung Apps Account. There is no "Sign Up " link. When I went to "My Apps", a window pops up asking for credit card information and my name, but when I submit that information, it says that page is not available and tells me to call 888-899-7609. I did and they said that Samsung Apps is not really Samsung and they can't help me. All I want to do is create the Samsung Apps account to get my Site ID and Password. Support can't or won't help. I've tried this on all three of my computers. Does someone have an answer to this? Thanks in advance.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unable to Create a Samsung Apps Account
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unable to Create a Samsung Apps Account
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2010 12:39 AM PST

expc75,

What model TV do you have?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by expc75 / November 12, 2010 12:05 AM PST

I have a UN46C6500VFXZA

Hope you can answer my question. Thanks !

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 12, 2010 9:27 AM PST

expc75,

I'm sorry they were unable to help. I'll see if I can assist.

Did you activate your device? Scroll to the bottom of this page after you login to the Samsung.com website, and make sure that your device is activated.

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore

--HDTech

Collapse -
by expc75 / November 12, 2010 10:24 PM PST

The problem is I don't have a Samsung Apps ID to finish the activation. When I get to the "Connect in Samsung Apps" , it asks me for a Samsung Apps Site ID and password. That is the precise thing I am trying to obtain.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 13, 2010 6:12 AM PST

expc75,

What is prompting you for the ID/password, though?

The TV, or the website?

You'll need to create a user ID in the TV in the "Settings" of the Internet@TV application if you haven't done this already.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by expc75 / November 13, 2010 9:29 AM PST

The TV is asking for the "Samsung App Site ID" when I go to "Connect". Of course I created a user ID for Internet@TV. Here's what I'm talking about. I had other Samsung products before I bought an InternetTV-ready TV. So, when I registered my new UN46C6500VFXZA, I did so with my existing login ID and Password. That Login ID and Password apparently are not the same as a Samsung App Site ID and Password because when I enter those it tells me that they are "Invald". So, what's the secret to getting that Samsung Apps ID and Password that is required when I click the "Connect" button on the "Manage" Samsung Apps? It just won't take anything I have done before. I know you're trying to help but it's very frustrating.

Collapse -
App Site ID
by rchrds_caver / November 15, 2010 5:01 AM PST

I got half of the way there. Talking to (not really helpful) Samsung phone support, Go to samsung.com, click on the apps tab at the top, and on the bottom is a piggy bank- "with the words filling your app cash." Click on the "refilling your app cash" link, and you will be prompted to accept some agreements and put your credit card info in. Then, when you go back to your TV, NOW use your App Site ID that you were trying to use before- mine worked after it had credit card info, but not before. The connect button then worked.

Unfortunately, for me, that still didn't fix my problem. Even with that connected, I am still unable to log into any app requiring a password or login. Anyone know what ports this is trying to access so I can make sure they are open?

Thanks!

Collapse -
Had the same problem... Try this...
by dhellerstedt / November 15, 2010 11:23 PM PST
In reply to: App Site ID

I had the same problem. Here's what I did to resolve it.

1. Set the clock.
The clock on my LN55C650 defaulted to automatic update. This brought in the date of Feb 23 2058 2:35 AM. I change the setting from automatic update to manual and reset the date & time accordingly.

2. Create the TV ID first.
Click the Internet@TV button-> Settings to create the user ID. Once you've created the ID and a four digit pin you will be asked if you want to connect to other sites [pandora, facebook, etc.]. Do not do this. Choose no and complete the creation process of your TV's user ID and password. Exit the settings screen and return to the Internet@TV screen. Click Login. You should be prompted for your password. Once logged in go back to settings -> Manage then you should be able to add the rest of the sites you would like.

Collapse -
Still Not Taking my ID and PW
by expc75 / November 16, 2010 4:18 AM PST

I'm happy to be getting responses. Thanks. Bringing this down to basics: Is my Samsung Apps Site ID and Password the same as my login and password that I use on my computer to register all my Samsung products? Or are they the same as my login and 4 digit password I created on my TV at Internet@TV? Or is some other login and password that I have been unable to obtain? Here's what I've tried:

My clock is correct. I created a login ID on the TV with a 4-digit password. I hit the "A" button and logged in. I went to "Settings", clicked on "Internet@TV Login ID", clicked on "Manage Your Apps Account". It shows the "App ID" I created on the TV. I clicked on "App Account" and entered my 4-digit password. Next to "Samsung Apps" I clicked "Connect". This is where the wheels fall off. It says, "Please enter your Samsung Apps Site ID and Password." If I enter the login and password I use on my computer to access all my registered Samsung products it tells me that it's an "Invalid ID" and/or password. If I use my login ID and 4-digit password I created on my TV to start this mess, I get the same "Invalid" response. I am not putting in what Samsung Apps want me to put in, but I don't know what that is or how to get that.

Collapse -
HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM
by stlandroidfan / November 17, 2010 3:56 PM PST

I am having the SAME exact problem with my brand new c550. I didn't have this problem until the Samsung TV Software update about 2-3 weeks ago. When I got this TV, I signed up for a "samsung apps" account and had to enter my credit card information and all that crap. And now, when I login to the App account through Samsung.com online, that info is nowhere to be seen - all they show in my account is my name and address. Samsung Internet@TV no longer recognized my Samsung Apps account login and password when I try to "connect" to it. I can login into facebook, twitter and picasa just fine. When I click on "filling your app cash", I get taken to a new website that says "The page you requested is not available. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties, if the problem continues please call 888-899-7609." This is bullshit - I didn't pay $1,000 for this TV to be acting up. Samsung's website is TOTALLY SCREWED UP and I don't feel like wasting my time with their stupid customer service. This is totally unacceptable. When I go to "view your apps", I get the same damn error message.

Collapse -
App Site ID and Password
by expc75 / November 20, 2010 5:53 AM PST

There are several questions just like this one on the Samsung Support site. None of them have been answered by Samsung Support and based on how far down the list of unanswered questions these are, they never will be addressed. They pick the low-hanging fruit and then give your question lip service by asking questions about your model number or something you've already answered 5 posts earlier. Eventually they will out-wait you and you'll just go away.

Collapse -
same problem with getting my account registered
by jprafter / November 23, 2010 11:33 PM PST

I was having the same issue as you, as are many other people who have purchased Samsung TV's and BD players. I got the same "Page Not Found" error after entering credit card information, and contacting Samsung support as instructed on the message at 1-888-899-7609. They told me they only provide hardware support and to contact the Web Master by email. I then emailed the supposed "Web Master" and received an email from them redirecting me back to the support number. I called them and am currently waiting on a call back from the supervisor.

So I finally searched the web for a solution. I found one, I created a new account on the Samsung support page using another email address, then I went through the same steps and instead of getting the "Page Not Found" error, it actually worked.

Samsung has a major problem here, it's all over the web with people experiencing the same issue. They should take care of this and not send customers into endless loops of no support.

I have many products registered on my initial account, so I'm thinking this issue may have something to do with the account predating when Samsung Apps even existed, but this is only a theory. Anyway, now I have two support accounts and at least one worked.

Hope this may help you as well. I'm sure you are as frustrated with Samsung as I am.

Sad that they couldn't just provide the necessary assistance and get this to work with the account I've had for years.

Collapse -
Real Solution
by PuckMercury / April 18, 2011 1:22 AM PDT

It seems Samsung changed the way accounts are created and hasn't sorted it out for themselves. I was experiencing the issue of being unable to log in with my TV and unable to register a credit card. I created a new dummy account to see if it was affecting all or just old accounts, and the new account worked perfectly. I work in IT and know that passwords can often be screwy. I changed my password on my old account to some temporary password then changed it back to my original password (because I didn't particularly want to change it in the first place) and I was immediately able to register a credit card and log into the account on my PN59D8000. Samsung phone support is utterly useless as accessed at 1.800.SAMSUNG whether it's tier 1, 2 or tier 2 suvervisor. Their executive customer care is top notch, however. Not only do they genuinely help, but they're at least reasonably intelligent and willing to actually listen and address the issue rather than simply look up your question in their response index and repeat the verbatim approved response or regurgitate the web message of, "Page Not Found".

Collapse -
by dontana / January 13, 2011 12:08 AM PST

It is now January 13, 2011 (over 60 days since the original posting) and the problem with Samsung apps still exists. I purchased a internet ready Blue Ray player (BD-C6800) and for three weeks have been trying to set up an app account. I have registered the product and on several occasions have tried to set up the account. I get the same notice, Samsung is experiencing technical difficulties and that I should call a certain number. Over the three week period I have talked to several representatives and each time they keep giving me the same story about problems with the Samsung server. It seems strange that a company the size of Samsung can't fix a "server problem" in over two months. None of the representatives offered alternative solutions and seemed very anxious to get off the phone. I am very disappointed in Samsung.

Collapse -
Solution Provided! (finally...)
by _bullseye_ / January 14, 2011 3:50 PM PST

After hours of searching and trying everything, i finally got someone in the live chat on Samsung.

Your Apps Site ID is your email address you use when you register on the Samsung site to register your products. Use the password that you used there, too.

So, on your Blu Ray, you have to

1: go into Internet TV,
2: Create your Login ID and 4-digit pin for Internet TV
3: Manage your App account > App Account
4: You have to enter your 4-digit pin from step 2
5: At Samsung Apps, click Connect
6: Your Apps Site ID is your email address from the Samsung website registration and your password is your password from the Samsung site registration.

This simply allows you to purchase the few lame apps that Samsung has.

Wow. was it even worth it?

Good luck!

Collapse -
Did Not Solve My Problem
by expc75 / January 14, 2011 11:59 PM PST

Bullseye, thanks for all your hard work. This is the same method I've been trying since November without success, but since it worked for you I tried it again. I get all the way to the end and it still tells me"Invalid ID" and/or password. I'm really glad it worked for you, but it still doesn't work for me.

Collapse -
thanks for the info
by offroadn / January 16, 2011 2:25 AM PST

I finally was able to get mine to work. I went online and registered at the samsung app site. I followed the directions above. The issue I kept running into was how to get the userid/password to be my email address/password. Once I figured that out everything registered.

Collapse -
How did you do it?
by batmonkey007 / January 28, 2011 5:52 AM PST
In reply to: thanks for the info

Offroadn,

How did you finally get the userid/pass to be your email/pass from the registration website? I set up my InternetTV id and 4-digit pass, then setup a Samsung.com account, registered my tv with that account, and finally tried to follow the steps above to connect the tv app platform with my samsung.com account. Unfortunately, the tv is telling me that the password or username is invalid. Since you say you had the same problem, how did you eventually fix it? Is there some magic step I'm missing or was it just luck that it finally worked out after continuously trying?

I really have no intention of buying any apps, but I'd like to download the Netflix one so that I can stream direct to my tv. If anyone knows of a way to download just that one app to the tv without having to go through this b.s. with connecting the tv to the Samsung Apps ID and what-not, please let me know. Thanks all.

Collapse -
Apps Account ID is your Email.
by Seth_Platt / February 4, 2011 11:03 PM PST

THANK YOU.
How hard is it for them to edify that?

Collapse -
registering apps
by roverman33334 / March 7, 2011 9:27 AM PST

we all know that the standard for setting a username and pasword for the internet tv is 8 characters for the ID and 4 for the password. here is the trick. when you go to register the samsung apps ( for example) use your username and password as you have it on the samsung webpage!!! so direguard the restrictions. ( for exapmle) my username on the samsung web page is my eamil adddress is(20 characters) and my password is (16 characters) a bit much but secure. It worked like a charm. Now my username and password are different for the youtube apps. get the idea! so simple. after all that i really don't see an appp i would pay for . it is amazing with all the good stuff i have had with samsung in the last two years and now 2 tv's they can not figure this out or they asume we do not follow the directions in the manuals that come with the new tv's. thanks go to the person below many many thanks.,,,,,,

Solution Provided! (finally...)
by _bullseye_ - January 14, 2011 11:50 PM PST

Collapse -
unable to create a samsung apps account
by roverman33334 / March 6, 2011 10:00 AM PST

I am having exactly the same problems you are. I did see one idea. it said we had to make the id and password on the internet tv stuff the same as the login on the samsung web page. well we both know we can't do that. the id on the internet thing is limited to 8 characters. my eamil is 20 characters. I did both the chat and the phone and it seems samsung has not got this setup right yet. the person on the phone even told me i could only access my Netflix only on my blu-ray player. she said it doesn't work on the tv. thats when i hung up after i told her it works on both. I JUST CAN'T REGESTER MY APPS!. I guess they haven't figured it out yet. I can even go on youtube for those outragious video clips . some are really funny. I can not do the favorites because of guess what . apps not registered. so don't feel bad I am sure there are hundreds of us out there. I will probably cancel my credit card on that site if they do not fix this very soon. I am begining to think this is only a problem on the "free" apps. If so they are in some deep trouble form the FCC. good luck!

Collapse -
unable to create a samsung apps account
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 7, 2011 12:39 PM PST
Collapse -
Still not working
by primerisk / March 19, 2011 5:49 PM PDT

Ok everyone... here is what Samsung can't seem to make clear to everyone. If you DO NOT fork over your credit card information on the web, you can keep registering until you are blue in the face, but you'll never be able to log in through your TV or BD player.

How hard was that to make clear? Why couldn't it pitch a "We won't let you log on until you give us your credit card info" instead of a worthless and frustrating "Invalid User ID or Password" message? Why couldn't they inform their tech support people that THIS is the issue, not some vague server problem issue?

We'll probably never know, but that's the issue.

The information actually is buried in the Samsung site, but you have to look hard for it. Look on this page under item #5 and you'll see:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=165103&modelname=LN46C750R2F&modelcode=&session_id=NmPVTfhDtctyZJpLy9vzLpY7zmpJgGTJB4NzfRkbp3mRssyjJMG4!327034900!1761676348!7501!-1!-1221100616!1761676444!7501!-1!1298583445827

Go back to your apps account (www.samsung.com/tvapps), go to My Account, click View Your Apps next to Your Products, fight with finicky pop-over that demands your credit card information. (Seems to take "generated" credit card numbers...set it to $1 and 1 month, register, then cancel the number), go back and NOW you can log on with your e-mail and password.

IMTAUSYGI!

Collapse -
this worked with a fake cc number to start with...
by thecolorCypher / March 28, 2011 7:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Still not working

I entered a fake cc to get past the initial "we want your CC info" screen, the site took me to the "sorry your card failed / ivalid numbers page"... I let it sit so it would refresh (30 seconds later), I was in the app page on the site and I could log in with my email and password (from the site).

So, it's all about getting past the stupid CC info page. Just enter 1234567890123456 (or something fake) and it will fail, but still create the account so you can login from the tube. Grin Good luck!

Collapse -
Samsung SMART TV - Samsung Apps issue
by cnetforumuser123 / June 11, 2011 4:41 AM PDT

I brought new tv UN46D6050 model. I tried to create the account and tried to add the credit card information, faced similar issues thats posted in the site.<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I tried calling 888.*** 800.*** numbers, emailing the webcontact , none of them are useful so far. Any pointers to get it through. The TV is one of the best, but I am not happy with the apps. I am thinking of trying for some more time and if i get no luck , thinking of returning it back.Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Collapse -
Samsund apps ID and password
by Jailkey / March 20, 2011 7:56 AM PDT

I was able to log on with the email address and password I used when I registered my TV. I then put some money in my apps money bank. After I did these two things I was able to finally log into my apps on the Internet TV.

Collapse -
Samsung PN51D7000 - Samsung apps issue!
by redrum22 / April 25, 2011 8:29 AM PDT

I read everyones post. i have had the same problems as most. I agree with everyone...The 800#, 888#, and live chat and also "Webmaster" email...all were pretty much useless!!! i ended up does what someone suggested..Also, i agree with the person who referenced that fact that it seems to happen to people who already had older products registered on the website, prior to samsung apps up and running..I set up an account years ago with a 22"LCD...So that is where I logged in and registered my new TV..makes sense..right? After I registered it I set up an log in and password on my new TV..worked fine. Went ot access samsung apps and I needed to register on the TV a samsung apps ID & password...So I tried my Owners ID & password from the website...Told me it weas not found. So like the rest of you, i went on the webiste and figured out you need to set up apps cash first and agree to the terms and accept..etc...I put in my Credit Card and submitted it kepped telling me to contact the 888# / techical Difficulties..like the rest of you. that is when i started the calles, chats and email.....nothing worked....Si here is what i did to get it to work.....
Here is what i did to get my TV to register/link up so i can access Samsung Apps...
1- I deleted my Samsung Owners ID & password...(where I had 3 of my products already registered including my new Plasma) on the website....easy...
2- Then created a new Owners ID & pasword on the samsung website...(set up a quick new yahoo account as the email)
3- then I loggin into my new account and went to apps....to the bottom to add apps cash...(remember, now none of my products are registered on this new account) put in credit card info..BAM it worked perfect...
4- So now i went to my TV...Login into my TV access acount...went to settings ...selected to Register samsung Apps...put in the NEW ID/Email and password...again...BAM it conected...download a quick free Weather app to see and it worked....
5- Then thinking I would not be able to re-register my 3 products...becuase they were already registerd...I tried anyway...login my NEW Samsung account on the website..hit register product...To my surporise..all 3 products are now registered on my NEW online samsung account.
6- Went back to add apps cash..put in a few bucks..went back to TV...went ot samsung Apps Checked the apps cash ..it showed up. Went and download a 1.99 apps...it worked perfect!!!
Bottmo line is it all has to do with your Samsung Online Account....If you are worried you will not be able to re-register your products if you create a new account DONT...it works.
Just make sure you delete you current account completely...Then create a new account.....put in apps cash (agree to terms ect...) You dont have to actually put in money just provide a credit card....Then link/register that new account info on the TV under the setting / Accuont manager -- register Samsung apps...Use that new ID and password...
Then go back and re-register your samsung products on your NEW account on the website.
DONE DEAL!

Collapse -
Samsung SMART TV - Samsung Apps issue
by cnetforumuser123 / June 11, 2011 4:39 AM PDT

I brought new tv <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> UN46D6050 model. I tried to create the account and tried to add the credit card information, faced similar issues thats posted in the site.
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

I tried calling 888.*** 800.*** numbers, emailing the webcontact , none of them are useful so far.

Collapse -
Samsung TV & Blu Ray Apps problem
by scotskee / July 15, 2011 11:43 PM PDT

It seems like Samsung has been having issues for over a year with their apps. I am a reseller and have sold & installed many Samsung TV's and Blu Ray players throughout the past few years. Recently we have moved to the new BDD series Blu Ray players from the BDC series and have had numerous issues with the Samsung apps. About a month ago we were still installing the BDC5500 Blu Ray players and they always worked for playing discs and getting on Samsungs site and running apps. Most of our customers use 2 apps primarily which are Pandora & Netflix. I can honestly say we had no trouble with over 100 BDC series Blu Ray players and now are having trouble with all of the BDD series players. We always recommend a hardwired internet connection for best performance so all of our players have been wired to the internet through a router or switch. The player will connect to the internet through the settings menu but when I try to open the apps it says it is not connected to the internet at which time I go back and try the settings again to verify the "wired" internet connection. I contacted Samsung twice in 2 days because we installed 4 players in 2 different houses and here are the things they said. "Your ISP is blocking the content", "we are working to resolve the issue", Then yesterday they tell me "there is a problem with the Samsung servers". I am not sure what is going on and will research this more in depth by contacting some of my customers to see if they're able to connect with the older BDC series Blu Ray player. I suspect that they are able to run their apps without any issues but will need to verify that. If that is the case then I believe that whatever changes to firmware or the operating system has a severe flaw in design and is not working right. I can tell that the software has changed in the new players regarding the apps because the GUI is totally different from the BDC series to the BDD series player. Manufacturers should learn that changing things does not always make them better! If the old design works without a problem then why change it? The players play Blu Ray, DVD & CD's without a problem but the apps are what most people want in addition to the Disc playing. So can the Samsung engineers and software people solve these problems????

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.