Samsung forum

Question

UN60ES7150F Insufficient Flash Player

by Pump_Engineer / May 12, 2013 11:09 AM PDT

Bought a UN60ES7150F two months ago from Costco. A main reason for choosing this smart TV was to watch streaming content on the Net. When I go to the ESPN3 website, it won't play. Apparently my TV isn't loaded with the most recent version of Flash Player. I've updated the firmware a couple of times. Still won't work. I've chatted online with Samsung Customer Support. A futile exercise for technical help. Per their suggestion, I posted to the Samsung Voice of the Customer webpage four times. No response. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any suggestions?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UN60ES7150F Insufficient Flash Player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UN60ES7150F Insufficient Flash Player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The browser and flash is indeed limited.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 12, 2013 11:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Sorry for the typo. "viewer" should be plural.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 12, 2013 11:49 AM PDT
Collapse -
by Pump_Engineer / May 19, 2013 12:37 AM PDT

You say, "if the web site wants Smart TV viewer they must cater to them". I say if Samsung wants customers to buy their Smart TV products, Samsung must cater to them. Why isn't Samsung making the latest version of Flash Player available by upgrade download? Many websites require it. Samsung isn't keeping up with common, latest, software. This is so frustrating that I'm almost ready to return the TV to the store where I purchased it and buy another brand of TV.

Collapse -
This is much simpler to answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 19, 2013 2:16 PM PDT

Because there's no PC in the TV. I don't see a browser on any TV that is comparable to a PC.
Bob

Collapse -
by Pump_Engineer / May 26, 2013 1:27 AM PDT

Samsung provides other firmware updates via download. Why can't they provide a Flash Player update? This SmartTV isn't so smart and Samsung is doing very poor job of supporting their customers. Because of that I won't purchase any other Samsung products. I'm now looking for a WiDi laptop to do the job this HDTV can't and the SmartTV will then effectively become little more than a very expensive HD monitor. (To be sure, I won't buy a Samsung laptop.)

Collapse -
Why!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2013 1:39 AM PDT

Because they don't write that app. Just like your laptop, the browser is not from the laptop maker and Flash is not from Microsoft (who supplies a well known OS).

The TV's software is a collection of software from many companies and the one we are discussing is not supplied by the TV maker.

You may have read my advice on the Smart TV feature. Not a feature I'd pay for today.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: flash player
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 26, 2013 1:41 AM PDT

Flash player versions are maintained by Adobe. I get a security update on my PC nearly every month or so. Adobe makes it, the only role for Samsung is distributing it.

So the better question is: Why does Adobe not support the latest Flash in their Samsung software? Did you ask them? They are the only ones who know. This is the Adobe flash player forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer
Please keep us informed if you get a good answer.

And just a tip: before you buy another smart TV, be sure to have the sales person demo you that their version of Flash is recent enough to show all Flash sites you specify and - even more recommended - let them give you the warranty that Flash will be updated on that smart TV for at least 2 more years.
I wouldn't like to see you falling in the same trap with a Panasonic, a LG or a Sony as you did now.

Kees

Collapse -
by Pump_Engineer / May 26, 2013 2:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: flash player

Thanks Kees_B

I just went to the Adobe Forums you suggested. Here is one of the first posts I read. This person says Samsung controls what is updatable on their Smart TV's. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4846716#4846716

1. Gregory Fischer, Nov 14, 2012 7:51 AM in reply to samsungmoe Report Hi,

Sorry you are having difficulties. Samsung controls when, how, and what is updatable on their Smart TV's. Please contact Samsung support directly.

I found this link and perhaps it will help you locate the relevant Samsung support contact information.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Greg

Collapse -
So back to Customer Services ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 26, 2013 4:05 AM PDT

armed with this information.

Maybe the Samsung representative here will join the discussion also.

Kees

Collapse -
by Pump_Engineer / May 26, 2013 4:47 AM PDT

That would be nice. I would really appreciate it if someone with the knowledge and position to do something at Samsung would wade in and provide some concrete, solution-oriented guidance. From the posts I've read, I'm definitely not an isolated case. There are many others out there who are equally frustrated.

Collapse -
by Pump_Engineer / May 31, 2013 6:54 AM PDT

Still 'wishing and hoping' someone from Samsung will post a reply and offer some sort of solution.

Collapse -
UN60ES7150F Insufficient Flash Player by Pump_Engineer
by Pump_Engineer / June 24, 2013 1:24 PM PDT

One more month has passed and no resolution, nor even a response, from Samsung. Worst customer support from any company I've ever dealt with. I'll never purchase another Samsung product in my life!!!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.