Samsung forum

Resolved Question

UN55D6420 Smart Hub Reset now Samsung apps not working.

by cmorris0603 / January 5, 2013 2:25 PM PST

This weekend I had to reset my smart hub due to an issues I was having with Netflix not loading. After the reset, I went back to the smart hub and pressed "A" to log back into my account. After doing so I was expecting to be able to access the Samsung apps store and re download my apps. To my surprise when I try to open the Samsung apps store, it does nothing. I the only thing I can do is open the default apps that are installed from the factory. I went to setting to try and re activate my Samsung apps account but the "Samsung apps service account is not listed. Some troubleshooting steps I have tried:

1. Setting static IP ( used Google DNS for giggles)
2. Upgraded TV firmware to latest.
3. Factory TV reset.
4. Manually entering the time on TV.

One really weird thing is that when I fire up the Samsung remote app on my Android phone and use the "smart menu" function then click Samsung on on the phone, the TV will actually pull up all my old apps(pre smart hub reset) and lets me use the apps however I still cannot get to the Samsung apps store or register my Samsung apps account. This is only temporary for when I power cycle the TV, I lose all the apps on the TV. I am getting pretty frustrated and Samsung support has hung up on me twice after I explained my issue.

cmorris0603 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UN55D6420 Smart Hub Reset now Samsung apps not working.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UN55D6420 Smart Hub Reset now Samsung apps not working.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by cmorris0603

Collapse -
Re: UN55D6420 Smart Hub Reset now Samsung apps not working.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 7, 2013 10:29 PM PST

Hi cmorris0603, Bob, & macasc666,

Unfortunately, we did have a Smart Hub issue over the weekend. Let me know if you're still having problems.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Issue resolved
by cmorris0603 / January 9, 2013 5:12 AM PST

I was able to perform a reset yesterday after the servers came back on line any everything is working now.

Collapse -
Answer
smarthub
by macsac666 / January 6, 2013 2:54 AM PST

i have exactly the same issue, i can't use smart hub at all now, can't download apps, etc. another weird thing is on the homescreen there are hardly any apps left however iPlayer still shows up - when I click on this it loads up ITV player ? i updated my firmware the other day as i'd been having other issues with my samsung tv and their engineer told me to do this, ever since this time things have got worse.

i'm going to take the TV back to John Lewis as soon as i can, fed up with this now.

Collapse -
Answer
You must call these in.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2013 3:41 AM PST

I see the forum is getting too many posts about this. Usually a sign the Samsung servers are unavailable.
Bob

Collapse -
Wonder if this has anything to do with it...
by cmorris0603 / January 6, 2013 4:44 AM PST
Collapse -
My thought is it needs a revamp.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2013 8:14 AM PST

Maybe a mode that is serverless for the days the servers can't be reached. Right now it appears they are repeating a design we learned to avoid.

I'm sure you've heard that those that don't learn from the past get to repeat it.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.