Samsung forum

Resolved Question

UE46EH5000 to LG dvd

by Sticky42 / February 5, 2013 6:43 AM PST

Hi.
I have just set up my new samsung tv and want to connect my lg dvd player for both watching dvd's and using as a sound system. I had the dvd player rigged up to my old sony bravia via the red and white audio output and had no problems at all using the dvd in aux mode. I have set the system up in exactly the same way with the samsung but for some reason i have been unable to get any sound from the speakers. I have been through all the settings i can find but to no avail. Can anyone give me any idea where i'm going wrong.

Sticky42 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UE46EH5000 to LG dvd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UE46EH5000 to LG dvd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Sticky42

Collapse -
Re: UE46EH5000 to LG dvd
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 5, 2013 7:15 AM PST
In reply to: UE46EH5000 to LG dvd

Hi Sticky42,

You may want to make sure that you don't have the audio cables connected into the TV's output. Other than that, I'd need to know the complete product code in order to guess what might be going on.

HD Tech

Collapse -
UE46EH5000 to LG dvd
by Sticky42 / February 5, 2013 7:41 AM PST

Hi.
I have done a bit of googling and wonder if you can verify something for me. Are the red and white rca connections on the back of the tv for input only as this would explain a lot. I have noticed that the tv has an optical audio out unfortunately my dvd player does not so connection that way is a no go. The tv also has an earphone output and i am now wondering whether this could be used if i get a 3.5 jack to rca lead.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 5, 2013 11:01 PM PST

Hi Sticky42,

OK, now that changes things. I didn't realize that you were wanting to get audio out from the TV and into the LG. Is the LG a home theater? Also, I still need the complete model code in order to be able to point you in the right direction, or at least, I need to which country you live in.

HD Tech

Collapse -
UE46EH5000 to LG dvd
by Sticky42 / February 6, 2013 4:58 AM PST

Hi again. I'm in England. The last four letters attached to the end of the model number shown in yhe title are KXXU. Version no. 01.
S/N Z9DR3SMCC04156D.
Hope this helps.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2013 5:48 AM PST

Hi Sticky42,

Yep, it looks like that's a model with only optical and 3.55 mm jack for audio output. So I'd suggest using one of those two for connections. Also, just so you know, I have information to support US products and customers. Any information I get for non-US models is from the appropriate Samsung country website. So if you want in-depth information, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46EH5000KXXU

HD Tech

Collapse -
many thanks
by Sticky42 / February 6, 2013 7:10 AM PST

Thats great I'll definitely be taking a look at that site as theres some other minor things I would like tofind out about. Many thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.