Samsung forum

General discussion

UE40C7000 LED TV - internet@tv and online update not working

by rbotelho1 / November 11, 2010 9:59 AM PST

Bought 10 days ago a LED 3D TV model UE40C7000.

I bought also the wi-fi dongle from Samsung and I can connect to my linksys router but I have a big problem: Internet@tv doesn't work at all! I have the 4 green ticks in the network check, I can access my movies on y PC but I can't get internet@tv to work, neither the firmware update to work. After 2 minutes it times out and gets back t regular TV display. I believe this is something related to Samsung servers, because I cant access also the servers to download the new firmware for my TV! Are the servers down for the last 10 days, or is my ISP blocking access to Samsung servers? I am in Portugal and my ISP is CABOVISAO. Any help would be appreciated, as I am thinking in returning the TV and go for the LG Infinia instead... Sad

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UE40C7000 LED TV - internet@tv and online update not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UE40C7000 LED TV - internet@tv and online update not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
UE40C7000 LED TV - internet@tv and online update not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 12, 2010 3:46 AM PST

rbotelho1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

You might try downloading the newest firmware onto a hard-drive to see if you're able to get your connection working after updating the first time. You can do that at this link, and by clicking the FIRMWARE button by the manuals:

http://tinyurl.com/258wg77

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks!
by rbotelho1 / November 12, 2010 4:06 AM PST

Thank you for your reply and assistance. Unfortunately when I click on the download link next to the new firmware, I cant access the samsung global server, after a few seconds my browser shows the message saying the server is down.

I then copied the download link and used the megaproxy service and I managed to access the site, so I guess either, my ISP has blocked the access to the samsung server, or my ISP is blocked by samsung!!

anyway, I installed the file to a USB stick, plugged the USB stick in the TV and tried to update it, but now I got a message saying there is nothing to update ?!?

I only have a directory in the USB stick filled with the firmware files, and since my installed firmware is from May, this one should have installed, so why the TV says there is no file on the USB to update the firmware?

man, this Samsung TV is loaded with bugs, this looks a hurried product to the market without proper beta-testing.

I have made up my mind, I am returnig this high-tech piece of junk and going to the LG Infinia series instead.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Collapse -
Forgot to tell you
by rbotelho1 / November 12, 2010 4:09 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks!

Also, there are serious bugs if you access your PC to watch movies through the Samsung Wi-Fi dongle. MKV files dont load through wi-fi and all subtitles are disabled through wi-fi but they all work great if you load them with the USB stick.. more firmware bugs!

Great image, but terrible firmware, stay away from this TV people, this is my advice.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.