Samsung forum

Question

UA40D6600

by shanepwest / June 9, 2012 12:27 PM PDT

I have UA40D6600 40" LED TV and love it
What I am wanting to know can you get a wireless keyboard and mouse for it or is there an App that I can down load?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UA40D6600
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UA40D6600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
UA40D6600
by AndrewsRinesh / June 15, 2012 3:58 PM PDT
In reply to: UA40D6600

Hi,

I am also using UA40D6600(2011 model) ,i bought separate qwerty keyboard (remote control size).

Honestly i also prefer to have normal size qwerty wireless keyboard with a mouse-but need to know the compatability.

Also i need to know that Gtalk & facebook apps support voice over or only message chat /

any advise?

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: UA40D6600
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 11, 2012 1:05 AM PDT
In reply to: UA40D6600

shanepwest,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Australia. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Australia portal for support on that product:
http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA40D6600WMXXY

But we got a nice little community here, and they might have a few other suggestions to help you out.

Hope this helps you!

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Needing help with same issue in the states
by bearrudy / December 10, 2012 6:09 AM PST
In reply to: Re: UA40D6600

So frustrated----Sears says Samsung has to solve the issue, Samsung says Sears has to solve the issue....I want a normal sized keyboard/mouse to use with my Smart TV - I have spent so much money and it is still useless.

Collapse -
Re: Needing help with same issue in the states
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 11, 2012 12:52 AM PST

Hi bearrudy,

Tell me more. What's the model you're having problems with?

HD Tech

Collapse -
my model number
by bearrudy / December 11, 2012 7:30 AM PST

The model is

SAM UN40D6300

Thanks but many individuals at Samsung told me it would never be possible to add a keyboard or mouse to the tv

Collapse -
Samsung lists a keyboard under accessories at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 7:37 AM PST
In reply to: my model number
Collapse -
Tried the QWERTY
by bearrudy / December 11, 2012 9:56 PM PST

...it is slow to respond, the keyboard is way behind on the TV, the remote keyboard "window" is black on grey, every time the batteries run out I have to resync it and this requires a call to Samsung

I am so thankful you have hopped in Bob....

I wanted a Smart TV that I could use a mouse and keyboard with and that is so NOT the case with this. I am going to try a Logictech that I saw mentioned somewhere else---more $$$$

I should have just bought a cheaper flat screen and hooked my laptop to it

Thanks again

Collapse -
You're repeating a lesson I don't want to upset you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 11:50 PM PST
In reply to: Tried the QWERTY
Collapse -
(NT) Ugg. Typo. I meant smarter. That smarted.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2012 2:12 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: Tried the QWERTY
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 12, 2012 1:05 AM PST

Hi bearrud,

Unfortunately, the QWERTY would have been the only option for you on this TV. So you're right. I will say for 2012 TVs you can use most off-the-shelf keyboards (USB, HID compliant of course). Also, some Blu-ray players and Home theaters also have this functionality, if you're interested.

HD Tech

Collapse -
HD tech
by bearrudy / December 12, 2012 2:10 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Tried the QWERTY

and thus my point....

I, an innocent consumer, spent a great deal of money at Sears buying a Samsung product that will never be able to do what I was told it would do....

No more Samsung or Sears for me....I would advise the same for others....

S

Collapse -
every time the batteries run out I have to resync it and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2012 2:15 AM PST

"every time the batteries run out I have to resync it and this requires a call to Samsung"

Ouch. I've yet to encounter such a thing. Is the call to get some code or to have them walk you through some procedure?
Bob

Collapse -
QWERTY
by bearrudy / December 12, 2012 10:26 PM PST

They walk me through the procedure since it NEVER works when I do it....

I have given up using the TV as I was told it could be used. I will hook my laptop to it and continue my ongoing boycott of Sears and Samsung.

Thanks so much for your help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.