Samsung forum

tv sound through stereo amplifier

by pab69 / December 11, 2012 7:09 PM PST

hi can any one help on this matter i have a samsung tv model number PS51E490 and want the sound coming through my stereo amplifier, on the back of the amp it has jack plugs fo cd,tuner,aux etc but only 1 set of jack plug sockets on back of the tv and this doesn't work, the rest of the sockets are hdmi one's ? can anyone please help much appreciated

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: tv sound through stereo amplifier
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: tv sound through stereo amplifier
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: tv sound
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 7:16 PM PST

In the specs I read it has both digital audio out and headphone.

So you just need the right cable to connect either the digital audio out of the TV to the digital audio in of the amplifier (if it has) or the headphone out of the TV to the AUX audio input of the amplifier.

Collapse -
tv to stereo
by pab69 / December 11, 2012 7:36 PM PST
In reply to: Re: tv sound

sorry the model number is ps51d550c1 im not really technically minded lol but would love to listen to it through my stereo

Collapse -
Re: product number
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 7:42 PM PST
In reply to: tv to stereo

I did your homework already with the wrong product number, so now I leave it to you to do it over with the correct product numbner. What do you find then as the available audio outputs on the TV?

You don't need to be really technically minded to find this in the user manual, either the paper version, the version on CD (if they included one) or the version on the internet.

Collapse -
tv to stereo
by pab69 / December 11, 2012 7:55 PM PST
In reply to: Re: product number

i have looked in the user maual but its all jiberish to me, do i need to get some kind of convertor for the jack plugs to go in the back of the tv

Collapse -
This is where
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 11:45 PM PST
In reply to: tv to stereo

This is where you get those folk that setup home theaters to come in. They'll wire it up and program your remotes and answer the questions you have on operation.

I did this a while back and it went well. The owner didn't want to figure out which adapter so we set a price for the service and it was 120 bucks for me to order the few dollar cable adapter and then come over to plug it in and configure the HT.

It's like plumbing. DIY is pretty cheap.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.