Video Games & Consoles

General discussion

Turtle Beach X41 Headset - Router Interference?

by schermonome / January 4, 2010 5:35 AM PST

I'm very interested in getting the Turtle Beach X41 gaming headset, but I noticed CNET's review said that other 2.4 Ghz devices can cause problems with its radio frequency. I have a Belkin N+ wireless router that sits on the same entertainment unit that the X41's transmitter would go on. I'm wondering if anyone who owns the X41 faced a similar situation, and if it was a problem at all? If so, how did you get around it?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Turtle Beach X41 Headset - Router Interference?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Turtle Beach X41 Headset - Router Interference?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
While possible
by Jimmy Greystone / January 4, 2010 8:28 AM PST

While possible, I've generally found this to be exceedingly rare in practice. However, if either the headphones or router allow you to select the channel they operate on, try moving them in opposite directions. So if the router and headphones are both on channel 6, move the router to say channel 5, and the headphones to channel 7. That puts about 20MHz of spectrum between the two, which should be more than sufficient. Commercial radio stations are often only separated by less than 1MHz.

Collapse -
TURTLE BEACH X41
by NPATW / October 6, 2010 12:41 AM PDT

I USED TO HAVE THE X41 AND I HAVE THE DLINK DIR655 THERE WAS A CONFLICT WITH BOTH DEVICE, ENDED UP TAKING THE TRITONS WIRED, ON THE GOOD SIDE SAVED SOME MONEY.......IF YOUR ROUTER HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO SWITCH CHANNELS GREAT!! BUT I LOVE MY DLINK TOO MUCH Happy

Collapse -
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 Headphones same issue
by skf4 / June 24, 2012 5:02 PM PDT

Would a 3 metre Active USB 2 extension cable plugged into the PS3 USB Port solve the interference from a 2.4 GH modem, by allowing you to place the Headset base station or Dondle further away from the modem via the extension cable?

Similar to the solution Sony recommends.

Sk

Collapse -
Router Interference
by skf4 / June 24, 2012 5:04 PM PDT

I mean "Dongle"

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.