Phones forum

General discussion

Tungsten E2 problem need help

by dakine09 / June 21, 2009 2:41 PM PDT

I've only had my PDA for 4 months and now cannot get it to work. I power it on but all I get intially is a blank screen which laters starts turning white on the left side and dark on the right side. I've tried a soft reset and a hard reset and nothing changes this behavior. If I leave the PDA alone..the screen eventually turns off. The battery was fully charged. I hope that someone can give me some advice on how to remedy this.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tungsten E2 problem need help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tungsten E2 problem need help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
At 4 months
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2009 1:58 AM PDT

With Palm I see "1 year from date of purchase" warranty. Sounds to me this is not much of a problem. Call it in and get it fixed.

Collapse -
Called it in but no luck
by dakine09 / June 22, 2009 12:31 PM PDT
In reply to: At 4 months

I did call it in. They had me do a warm reset, soft reset and hard reset and nothing worked. So..they said that I would have to send it in for repair which will cost me $149. They said the warranty is only for 90 days. They also mentioned they no longer make the PDAs and recommended the Palm Centro. Any ways...thank you for your help.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2009 12:04 AM PDT

Now the warranty does move around. Check the documents that came with your unit to see how many days it is. THAT overrides what they tell you. Also, did you pay by credit card? If so, some credit cards double the warranty.

As you may suspect once you get outside the warranty you are left with solutions like you found. Here's a parting idea to be used only after you decide there is no other options ->

Collapse -
Did not work
by dakine09 / June 29, 2009 3:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Ouch.

Thank you for the link and advice. I did remove the battery but it is still behaving the same way. I also checked my paperwork and the warranty is only 90 days. Do you have any other suggestions?

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 29, 2009 5:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Did not work

We are at the end of solutions that don't involve money. There is this old company you can ask ->

I've seen this company around for what may be 9+ years.

Collapse -
tungsten e2 street finder
by hollywoodla / August 10, 2012 1:51 AM PDT

i have street finder on my e2, the map comes up. but i do not have on the right side the scale bar that allows me to zoom in or out. nor do i have on top the options on it? if i do a hard reset, do i lose my finder.

Collapse -
I'd start a new discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 10, 2012 2:12 AM PDT

Tagging onto another topic is bad enough but adding to a 3 year old post means it's off topic.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.