AVG forum

Resolved Question

"Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013

by colinito / October 28, 2012 2:45 AM PDT

Hello everyone,

I have just upgraded from W7 Home Premium to Ultimate.
I have AVG 2013 free edition. After using the "Speed Test," the Tune Up facility was offered.

Presumabely, as I reside in Spain, the Conditions are in Spanish.

I am not able to fully understand the Conditions related to using this facility.

My AVG is programmed in English, but I can find no way to translate the Conditions of the Tune Up facility into English.

Whether the programme is free to use, or whether there is a fee payable is not clear.

If anyone could give me a 'brief description' of these Conditions, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Colinito

colinito has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
RE: "Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / October 28, 2012 10:13 PM PDT

Hi colinito,

I'm not sure what conditions are you referring to. Has this page been displayed to you in Spanish? Localized pages are always displayed by default, based on your geographical location.

Or are you refering to the end user license agreement displayed during the AVG PC Tuneup installation process (screenshot)?

Thank you.

Collapse -
"Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013
by colinito / October 29, 2012 7:00 AM PDT

Hello JiriF_AVG,

Forgive me, for not replying earlier.

When I started the Tune Up it showed a long text of Conditions that the user has to agree to. Even though I am resident in Spain, I was not able to see if the service was a free or paid for service. I was only trying to find out about that. I recently put in a terabyte HD and it is not really of any great importance - yet!
Thanks for your post.

Regards

Colinito

Collapse -
RE: "Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / October 29, 2012 6:13 PM PDT

Hi colinito,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what conditions were displayed. Basically, the TuneUp is free to try for one day (you can however perform all tuning tasks you wish), then you can uninstall or purchase it.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by colinito

Collapse -
Translate
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 28, 2012 10:40 PM PDT

If it's in the browser, why not copy paste to the left box in http://translate.google.com/
Be sure to select from = spanish and to = english.

It's not perfect, but usually the result is understandable.

Kees

Collapse -
: "Tune-up" Conditions AVG Free 2013
by colinito / October 29, 2012 12:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Translate

Thanks for your post, Kees,
Unfortunately the text is copy protected and I am not able to copy and paste into the Google Translate programme - I had already tried that! (I do not have the patience to copy word for word and copy and paste from a Word document!) I shall stop here, and not bother about the tune up. I have loads of spare Gigs and the occasional defrag, disc cleanup etc should be sufficient for the time!

Thanks anyway,

Regards

Colinito

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.