Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

TT scan shows versions needing update but TT wrong

by BRabichow / August 16, 2010 10:19 PM PDT

I have no problem with TT, per se, but after a scan it shows that I need to update, for example, Ad-Aware Free to version 8.3.1. That's what I have installed. Also, Outlook Attachment Remover. I have the latest version (2.1) and TT says it's out-of-date. What gives here?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TT scan shows versions needing update but TT wrong
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TT scan shows versions needing update but TT wrong
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same here
by manmur / August 30, 2010 4:36 PM PDT

I also have the same problem. For me it say that Quick was out dated. Even though I have the latest version installed.

Manmur

Collapse -
TechTracker just shows the information from its last scan
by Nathan TT Support / August 31, 2010 2:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Same here

Hello manmur,

I understand that after you updated QuickTime to the latest version, TechTracker still reported that the program was out-of-date.

Remember that CNET TechTracker always just configures reports based on the information it gathered from its last scan.

In your case, you have TechTracker on a schedule to scan your system just once a week.

This infrequent schedule is bound to produce inaccurate results.

I suggest that you may want to increase the scanning frequency in the settings for TechTracker or manually initiate a scan, wait for the scan to finish, and then check your scan results.

Regards,
Nathan
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
TechTracker Scan Schedule
by Brechan / August 31, 2010 3:40 AM PDT

Sorry Nathan;
but I also have the latest TT installed (with automatic scanning set to every 4 hours), and I get the same results as stated above...so there is definitely a glitch in the software somewhere Sad

Vista H.P. 64 bit
IE 8
Google Chrome (5.0.375.127)

1 update available, 38 tracked items

Collapse -
What to do if your TechTracker results are inaccurate.
by Nathan TT Support / September 1, 2010 5:40 AM PDT

If you find that your TechTracker scan results contain update suggestions that do not make sense, we here at CNET want to hear about it. We will absolutely investigate these problems and work to fix them.

To report a problem, do the following:

1. Open your CNET TechTracker software summary page.

2. Locate the program that has an faulty update listed and click on the ?Feedback? link below the program title.

3. After the "Submit Feedback" window opens, select the appropriate description of your issue.

4. Enter in a brief summary of your issue in the "Description" field.

5. When you have finished describing your problem, be sure to click on the ?SUBMIT FEEDBACK? button.

By using this reporting method, the information you provide is sent directly to our catalog engineers who can begin to work on the issue right away.

-CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
TT Scan
by manmur / August 31, 2010 5:39 AM PDT

I have it set for once a Day. Normally it scans after I start my laptop and 24 hours after. I am now going to have it set to scan very 4 hours now.

manmur

Collapse -
Updates wrong, OS version wrong
by geertzhurtz / October 12, 2010 6:14 AM PDT

TT online shows I have 15 programs to update, the local program shows 11. In addition, the website has the wrong OS version for my computer. My other computer is listed correctly. Really like to get this up and running successfully on this computer.

Collapse -
Updates wrong, OS version wrong
by TechTracker_Jamie / October 13, 2010 8:40 AM PDT

Hello geertzhurtz,

I noticed you had two computers linked to your TechTracker account. One had not been accessed since 2009. I'm guessing you were seeing results for that older computer, so I went ahead and deleted it. You should run another scan with TechTracker. You may need to log out and back into your TechTracker web page to see the updated results.

Let me know how this works for you.

Regards,
Jamie
CNET TechTracker Support

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.