Windows 7 forum

Question

Trying to find a solution to the crashes.

by Lessernotified / January 28, 2013 6:57 AM PST

Hello all,
I first want to say, thank you for your time reading this, with that said I must start for the beginning. As of this new year, I reacently updated my graphics card in my desktop, (all system infomation will be listed at the bottom) surpried to see the new benchmark my system could reached,I began to run new games on Ultra high settings with no problems (farcry3, batman arkham city). One night after watching a movie, I decided to play an old game with friends (league of legends..yes I know) and set the setting to high, because its not too graphically demanding to run. With in 20 mins I noticed the screen colors blurr then snap back into focuse, and then without warning my screen blacks out and a loud screech blasted through my speakers. The computer itself never shut off but on reboot, at the bios screen a message appeared saying system crashed from a "Hyper transport sync flood error". I continued on and upon entering my profile I recieved this message:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007D70038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Not knowing what caused this problem, I started out tracking down this any thing about it on many different forms. Some said It was from drives, So I updated any out of date drives and reinstalled my graphics card's drivers.I then proceded to booted up farcry3 ...no problems..later that weekend played LoL system crashes twice... same error reports both times as above. I want back to the forms to check again. other said you might need to update bios (which I dont clam to be an extreme computer whiz but bios updates are alittle intimidate do to the fact I could turn my computer into a large paper weight). so I looked for another less terrifying solution. Some said the error could come from low CPU frequency. Which I then turned to myself and said how do I increase it?
going in circle and a bit lost at the fact I can run some demanding games on higher settings and other less demanding ones crash my system. (I try not to play these games to prevent any damage to my new graphics card) I am trying to find a solution where I can fix this problem and be done with it.
Please help and Thank you once again.

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Asus
System Model: M4A78T-E
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/05/09 10:06:42 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 3475MB used, 12902MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6819)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6819&SUBSYS_23201787&REV_00
Display Memory: 1772 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2029 MB
Shared Memory: 3839 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: LG TV
Monitor Id: GSM0001
Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6819)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6819&SUBSYS_23201787&REV_00
Display Memory: 1772 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2029 MB
Shared Memory: 3839 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM0587
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: Displayport External
(there are two of them)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trying to find a solution to the crashes.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trying to find a solution to the crashes.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
A little light on details.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 7:11 AM PST

You write you changed the graphics but is the power supply up to the new task?

Your PC's designer should give you that assurance.
Bob

Collapse -
Power supply
by Lessernotified / January 28, 2013 11:02 AM PST

I have a Zalman 1000 watt power supply. I think its enough. listened is the power usage:
and most of the Iteams I have for this computer have been bought over the years.

EVR Power Information
---------------
Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality)
Quality Flags: 2576
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow half deinterlace
Allow scaling
Decode Power Usage: 100
Balanced Flags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 50
PowerFlags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 0

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
For a test run.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 2:41 PM PST

Try it with the case cover off and a house fan pointed at the PC.

If it does not crash or takes longer to crash that's a sign it's hardware.

If it's the same then you ask the PC's maker for what drivers to install in what order. Also ask if the firmware on all cards that have such is up to date. The repeating sound loop is a sign for me to ask the maker about drivers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131366 and customer reports look grim. 1 year and then it starts to BSOD. You may want to ask ASUS for another board.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.