Samsung forum

Trying to connect PC speakers to Samsung

by marvinskaboom / June 21, 2011 5:17 AM PDT

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trying to connect PC speakers to Samsung
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trying to connect PC speakers to Samsung
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
I see why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2011 5:43 AM PDT
Collapse -
Spell chucker!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2011 2:55 AM PDT
In reply to: I see why.

Sorry I meant "do not produce audio."

Collapse -
by marvinskaboom / June 22, 2011 4:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Spell chucker!

Thanks for your help. I find it really hard to believe that Samsung have produced phono sockets with no functionality...... What is the point? Again thanks for the info on the digital to analog device. I was hoping for a cheap way to hook up some existing speakers that I have but if I have to spend $50 on devices to convert the signal, I'm half way to buying a home theatre system anyway. Thanks for the help....and as for Samsung, why couldn't you just put a headphone socket on the tv, it would cost you nothing!!!!
Maybe it would decrease your home theatre sales!!!

Collapse -
They do have functionality.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2011 4:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

I see they are inputs to the HDTV.

As to the cost, it does cost something. You not only have the cost of the jack but the little SPECIAL circuit that must withstand human model ESD and the little amplifier to drive the headphones (can't tap from the speakers since those will be muted.)

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Thanks Bob
by marvinskaboom / June 22, 2011 6:29 AM PDT

I think you are reading my message a little too literally. Samsung electronics had a reported Net income of ? US 179.4 billion the year that they manufactured my TV. I think in the relative scheme of things a simple circuit and headphone jack that I can purchase for $1 at maplins (this does not account for the economy of scale..... Samsung would be able to manufacture and fit it for a fraction of the price).
Anyway, they didn't chose to support that and I wont be buying Samsung again. I don't believe Samsung dont fit headphone jacks because of the expense. They want to sell their own theatre systems. Simple!

Collapse -
I read what you write.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2011 6:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Bob

And have to guess what it means. Your issue could occur with any device out there. We vote with our wallets and if we didn't research our purchase ahead of time, many get upset about a feature they thought would be there.

Collapse -
by marvinskaboom / June 22, 2011 7:23 PM PDT
In reply to: I read what you write.

Thats right?Bob. Most of us don?t have the time to research each individual product that we buy..... we have busy lifestyles that mean we often have better things to do with our time then to look at each component on a modern TV. That?s why we go for certain brands and have certain expectations of these brands. When these brands fall short of these expectations we vote with our wallets and go else where. Best not to get upset.... with most other brands I have looked at this wouldn?t be a problem so therefore why buy Samsung.
However much we research a product, you don?t ever necessarily know what features you will be requiring in the future so it is a waste of time anyway. The R and D departments should be doing the research on our behalf to give us a good all round product.

Collapse -
Tipping my hand (like in cards.)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2011 2:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Brands

I'm one of those with solder irons, Volt meters and more. Adding some headphone jack is not a big deal for me. I might order up a jack or recycle one from a dead thing. Today I find most folk cringing at modifying gear.

The unit you have can be fixed with that optical decoder so it's not a total loss.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 24, 2011 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Brands

The audio out jack is available on the LE32B450, LE32B550 and LE32B650 models.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.