Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Speakeasy

Rant

Try again to convince me that

by TONI H / January 21, 2013 10:11 PM PST

there is no liberal bias in the media.....when a 'political news director' actually dictates to the president what he should do. Never mind actually commenting that Dickerson 'THINKS' this is what BO WILL do.......this what he WANTS BO to do.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/19/cbs-news-directors-astonishing-advice-obama-must-go-for-the-throat-pulverize-declare-war-on-the-gop/

And if you don't like my link, try salon.com because they also have the same story with their own extremely liberal comments.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Try again to convince me that
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Try again to convince me that
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How bout if I show you there is also Conservative bias?
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 10:44 PM PST
Collapse -
very interesting article
by James Denison / January 21, 2013 11:33 PM PST

Thanks, enjoyed reading it. Nice to know there's someone on the other side of the "see-saw".

Collapse -
(NT) Shall we talk about Roger Ailes and Bush? Hmmmmm?
by Josh K / January 21, 2013 10:49 PM PST
Collapse -
ONE news channel
by TONI H / January 21, 2013 11:27 PM PST

that you can compared to four or more MAIN STREET MEDIA that is on local channels (free airwaves) and thousands of liberal newspapers, magazines, and websites. Try harder............at least Fox has a large number of liberals/democrats as commentators and guests that bring a different side to issues.

Collapse -
"A large number of liberals/democrats...."
by Josh K / January 21, 2013 11:55 PM PST
In reply to: ONE news channel

Yeah, they bring in kooks like Geraldo Rivera and Dennis Kucinich and then say, "Look! We have people from both sides!"

Show me the "thousands" of mainstream news outlets that are as flagrantly biased as Fox News.

Point is you were calling out CBS for offering advice to Obama, while the CEO of Fox did the exact same thing with Bush. Did you criticize him for that?

Collapse -
ONE news channel
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 11:56 PM PST

BUT It claims to have more viewers than all the other combined.

Collapse -
(NT) Regrettably, that's the finding of A.C.Neilsen and the like.
by Ziks511 / January 22, 2013 12:53 AM PST
Collapse -
You're wrong Toni, remember that most of Fox's staff worked
by Ziks511 / January 22, 2013 12:52 AM PST

for one or more of those 4 before going to Fox. In many ways I'm glad Fox came along to scoop all those who were busily undermining those putative "liberal" networks. But then, we liberals don't buy this story in the slightest, not being remotely happy with the networks' or CNN's performance under Carter, Reagan, Clinton or Bush 2. The networks just reported the allegations against Clinton, and did damned little to either confirm or dispel them, just sitting passively by as Ken Starr ran amok chasing rumour after rumour, moving from Whitewater to putative sex scandals to a totally unrelated sex scandal in a way that would never be tolerated in a court of law, and shouldn't have been tolerated in that enquiry. There are limits to the focus of an investigation in normal law, you can't go on a snipe hunt all over the map. If you were going to set a Special Prosecutor up in opposition to the President, why was it only done the once? At least Watergate had a legitimate focus and stayed with it. Why not investigate Iran-Contra, or enquire into Manuel Noriega before the invasion, or for Bush 2's overreaching and outright lies on the Iraq invasion in the absence of no weapons of mass destruction, no nuclear program, and his breach of civil liberties regarding wire-taps cell-taps and cyber-investigations without warrants? And talk about Government failure to protect the American people. The worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbour, and they didn't have a clue, even though evidence had been passed on by the outgoing Administration? What a farce.

Rob

Collapse -
You can have your news channel
by James Denison / January 22, 2013 1:02 AM PST

If the Daily Kos ever goes to TV broadcasting.

Collapse -
Excuse me, but
by TONI H / January 22, 2013 3:02 AM PST

didn't Bush bend to liberal media and the dems and get rid of a number of his administration, including the AG, and isn't THIS administration literally thumbing their (HIS) nose at the law by dictating that only the laws HE feels are 'unjust' and don't match his agenda should be enforced? THIS president is under the belief that because "I won", he is above all of the laws that everyone else has to live under, including his liberty stealing executive orders?

As for the 'others' who have moved over to Fox, they did so because they weren't able to report the news.......they were being forced into reporting only what the liberals in charge wanted reported. Those news channels continue along that same thread. The only way any of those reporters or commentators had to actually be heard was to move to a fair news station that would have no problem with having other points of view.......case in point NPR firing Juan Williams even though he is a liberal democrat when he admitted to being 'uneasy' to walk down the street when Muslims in traditional dress was around.

Collapse -
Is rewriting history just a hobby for you.....
by Josh K / January 22, 2013 3:17 AM PST
In reply to: Excuse me, but

.....or do you earn money doing it?

Ashcroft's departure had nothing to do with "media pressure," Toni. He left after Bush's first term, as did many others, as often happens when a president is re-elected. Perhaps, though, his decision was influenced by what happened in 2004 (copy/pasted from Wikipedia):

In March 2004, the Justice Department under Ashcroft ruled that the Stellar Wind domestic intelligence program was illegal. The day after the ruling, Ashcroft became critically ill with acute pancreatitis. President Bush sent his White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and Chief of Staff Andrew Card Jr. to Ashcroft's hospital bed. They wanted him to sign a document reversing the Justice Department's ruling. But, the semi-conscious Ashcroft refused to sign, and Jack Goldsmith, head of the Office of Legal Counsel for DOJ, was there to back him up. Bush reauthorized the operation by executive decision, over formal Justice Department objections.

What was that you were recently posting about executive orders, Toni?

I'd ask for links showing how everyone at Fox who came from another network did so because nobody else would let them be objective, but I know better.

Collapse -
(NT) And how does he "dictate" to the President exactly???
by Ziks511 / January 22, 2013 12:54 AM PST
Collapse -
Notice how she's ignored your question.....
by Josh K / January 26, 2013 11:26 PM PST

....as well as my post about John Ashcroft?

Collapse -
I didn't ignore anything
by TONI H / January 26, 2013 11:52 PM PST

You only had to read the op piece that Dickerson wrote to realize that he WAS dictating to the president what Dickerson believed he should be doing.......it wasn't a piece 'suggesting' that Dickerson 'believed' this was what the president's strategy might be.

As for Ashcroft, I didn't realize you actually expected a response......when you only mentioned ONE person who left Bush's administration vs the ones that liberal pressure caused to go. Now compare that Bush list of departures, voluntary and involuntary, with BO's turn-stile of turnovers during a short four year period of time, and BO's record of trying to keep people is astounding. He's had numerous financial advisers run for the hills as well as a large number of czars depart.....and how many Chiefs of Staff has he gone through already, not to mention the many different 'secretary' positions that had many streaming for the door. As near as I can figure, he's only had the VP, the AG, and Valerie Jarrett (and his 'first' wife Michelle) actually stick around for the long haul.

Collapse -
You specifically said....
by Josh K / January 27, 2013 10:19 AM PST

.....that John Ashcroft was forced out because Bush was pressured by "the media." Now you're trying to deflect and backpedal as usual because your statement has been exposed as false.

Collapse -
Good grief, Josh
by TONI H / January 27, 2013 7:16 PM PST

I NEVER specifically mentioned Ashcroft, YOU did...The AG I was talking about was Alberto Gonzales; I had actually completely forgotten to be honest about Ashcroft because there wasn't much there for me to remember him I guess. I said that many of Bush's administration was pushed out because of liberal pressure. Whereas most, if not all except for the crazy loon Van whoever, have voluntarily left BO.

Collapse -
OK, so now.....
by Josh K / January 27, 2013 9:41 PM PST
In reply to: Good grief, Josh

.....you're calling a bipartisan call for someone's resignation "media pressure." Got it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Gonzales

I'd forgotten that he was on the verge of being impeached. I suppose "the media" was behind that too?

Collapse -
That call wasn't made until AFTER
by TONI H / January 27, 2013 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: OK, so now.....

the media went ballistic.........and yet the same media hasn't said a word about most of this current administration's calls (such as picking and choosing which laws they will enforce)

Collapse -
RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.......
by Josh K / January 28, 2013 12:32 AM PST

.....'cause Congress wouldn't have taken action on his repeated Constitutional violations if that pesky media (and I love how the international media becomes a single like-minded entity in your world) had just kept their blinders on.

Collapse -
And who is the "HIS" repeated
by TONI H / January 28, 2013 1:39 AM PST

violations that you refer to? Ashcroft, Gonzales, Bush? And which laws did Bush pick and choose to NOT enforce?

Collapse -
Gonzales
by Josh K / January 28, 2013 2:15 AM PST

And this is not about whether Bush picked and chose what laws to enforce. It's about whether Gonzales overstepped, and was that the reason he had to step down, vs. some imaginary media conspiracy.

Collapse -
So you can figure that
by TONI H / January 28, 2013 5:11 AM PST
In reply to: Gonzales

Bush's AG overstepped by firing assistant AG's, but ignore BO's AG overstepping by refusing to enforce laws that he and BO don't agree with? And the liberal media doesn't say a word?

Collapse -
That wasn't all Gonzales did....
by Josh K / January 28, 2013 6:05 AM PST
In reply to: So you can figure that

.....and perhaps you should refresh your memory as to why those Assistant AGs were fired.

And I saw plenty of reports on those laws Obama's AG "refused" to enforce in the "liberal media."

Collapse -
"reports" seen
by TONI H / January 28, 2013 6:21 AM PST
In reply to: So you can figure that

but no call for action????? Typical 'soft' liberal media.....mention something in passing and go on to the next swooning episode.

Collapse -
didn't play you a tune or dance for you?
by James Denison / January 27, 2013 2:48 AM PST

Luke 7:31

"To what then shall I compare the men of this generation, and what are they like? They are like children who sit in the market place and call to one another, and they say, 'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.

Collapse -
I have never seen any so-called liberal on SE ...
by grimgraphix / January 22, 2013 10:33 AM PST

... claim there is no liberal bias in the media. Quit begging the question, Toni.

Collapse -
Somebody else sees
by TONI H / January 26, 2013 3:54 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) BOO HOO?
by JP Bill / January 26, 2013 4:16 AM PST
In reply to: Somebody else sees
Collapse -
RE:Try again to convince me
by JP Bill / January 28, 2013 6:10 AM PST

Is there a prize?

IF we do, will you then ask for the definition of insanity?

Collapse -
If SE allowed pictures
by TONI H / January 28, 2013 6:23 AM PST

Your would show up in the dictionary of insanity, JP........I realize that you are 'here for me' but I really would appreciate your pulling your support ASAP because your insults turn you into a public liar.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.