Cameras forum

Alert

Trouble with Fumfie.com - Scammed!!

by chambersnd / July 27, 2011 1:47 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">On Tuesday, July 5th, I ordered a Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm IS Lens from Fumfie. The online listed price was $449. I placed my order that night. The next day, July 6th, I received a call from "JB", an associate working for Fumfie. He wanted to confirm my order and notify me of accessories commonly bought with the Canon T3. After speaking with him, I decided on purchasing the additional 4 hour battery and supercharger for an additional $49. That day, I received my order invoice which, with the camera kit, accessories, tax, and shipping, totaled $514.99. When I received my order in the mail, I immediately double-checked the order to ensure that everything was sent correctly. I found that the battery and charger that was sent were the standard kit products and my additional 4 hour battery and supercharger were not shipped. Upon research, I found that the 4 hour battery and supercharger are actually nonexistent products. I called Fumfie to alert them of this issue and attempt to get it straightened out. After speaking to several associates and being hung up on by a manager, I was told that it was not possible for Fumfie to give partial refunds for the additional products purchased. To compensate for the lack of products shipped (or in existence), I was offered a tripod and extra retail battery for free. I was told that it would be sent to my address right away. After one week of no confirmation email or package, I called again and spoke to "JB" once again. He told me that he could only send a tripod for free now and didn't care to hear my other complaints. One week has again passed and I have not received a confirmation or package. My experience with Fumfie has been extremely frustrating. I have never dealt with a company that offers fake products and treats their customers so horribly.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trouble with Fumfie.com - Scammed!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trouble with Fumfie.com - Scammed!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fumfie.com
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 12:06 AM PDT

Sorry to hear that you were scammed.

You failed to do your homework.
Here is one review of Fumfie:
http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_Stores_Services-Fumfie/display_~reviews

I went to the Fumfie website and immediately saw two red flags.
Located in Brooklyn and New Jersey.
The preferred home bases for camera scammers.

You only have two recourses:
Write a letter to the Better Business Bureau
Write a letter to the New York Attorney General.

Collapse -
Hope all is well Mr Chambers
by fumfie / August 15, 2011 12:33 AM PDT

Glad you gave us a chance to work it out. As mentioned over the phone JB is no longer with us and we sincerely hope you enjoy your new toy.We do apologize but hope the end result is your happy.To all the members of this forum Mr chambers got a Canon T3 Kit, Spare Battery, Rapid Charger,UV Filter and not 1 but 2 cases a generic one (was too small) so we sent the oem canon original bag. Not too shabby considering you can buy the camera alone from bh amazon Jr for $550(thats w/o the 2 cases, battery, UV and rapid charger) So here at fumfie.com we do our best to make sure all customers are happy and definitely save you $$.

Collapse -
Trouble with Fumfie.com
by bobhunte / February 5, 2013 9:25 AM PST

Mr. Frankel,

I purchased a Nikon 7000 from Fumfie and they did deliver the product, but what you have to be aware of with this company is to make sure that the options that you order are quality items. For example they charge $99.00 for an AC/DC power adapter and what you receive is a $ 5.00 AC/DC power adapter which is easy to find on the internet. I did not have a rep that was bad and Fumfie REP did correct the situation after I kept on top of it with follow up calls to the rep.

Mr. Frankel while I agree with you about not stereotyping people/businesses from that area it seems that your company is a little on the shady side when doing business. BTW I am from the area myself.

Collapse -
Fumfie IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!
by 406-Z / February 25, 2014 12:39 AM PST

I ordered a camera, Nikon D5200, from Fumfie a few weeks ago and received a email that I needed to call Michael to discuss further processing of my order. I called Michael who proceeds to try and sell me a extra battery for $69 and a 32G SD card for $79, both of which are extremely inflated prices. I said no and he tries to sell me a extended warranty that is normally $199 for $99, again I said no. Now he says he can give me the battery, SD card, extended warranty and expedited shipping all for $99. I said no thank you, just send me the camera. Michael said the order would be processed and shipped to me right away. I thought it was odd to get a email and the up sell of items that are cheap knock offs for a over inflated price. I did a search for Fumfie and found a lot and I mean a lot of negative comments. I do see Henry Fumfie respond to some of the negative and say they ship thousands and thousands of orders a month and you are going to have a few slide through the cracks. But what happened next is why Fumfie is a total SCAM and not to be trusted.

After reading the reviews the next morning I checked my credit card that I had charged the camera on and there was not a charge applied yet from Fumfie. I checked my email and there was not a shipping confirmation yet from Fumfie that the order had shipped. I was not feeling comfortable with Fumfie so I called Michael and canceled the order. I simply told Michael I changed my mind and I checked my credit card and nothing had been charged. Michael said that's fine nothing had been processed, a cancellation notice would be sent to my email, that I never received! The next day Bank of America calls me to verify my last two credit card transactions which I did and asked what this was about. BofA informed me there was a charge on my credit card in Brazil at a gas station for $82.38. They asked if the credit card had been stolen or if I had given the information to anyone of which I said yes, Fumfie and explained. This credit card account was only about 60 days old and I had not made any other on line purchases with it. It's ironic my credit card information is used to make a transaction in another country after I had given it to Fumfie!

I have ordered a lot of electronics on line and have never had this happen. Lesson learned is to always use a third party like PayPal and I'm thankful BofA is on top of their security!

Collapse -
Beware!!!
by SuperSport66 / March 17, 2015 3:49 AM PDT

Buyers beware. If you log into your account on Fumfie.com, you can also see ALL the other Customer's Accounts!!!! This is likely how you were scammed in Brazil. Their site is Horribly UnSecure!!!

Collapse -
Complain to IRS and nyc.gov as well as law office
by ethem11 / April 1, 2014 5:21 AM PDT

I ordered 3 Pentax K-3 camera because they had very good deal. I ordered on march 20th. I called on march 28 and they told me they did not ship my cameras yet once we shipp we will provide a tracking. So I waited until March 1th and I called them again. They told me they shipped my cameras already and they said there was not anybody in that address i provided so package is coming back to us. It was a business address and this was obvious a lie. they said they will refund my money once the package will arrive their facility. So i told them to provide a shipping tracking number so i can track the package but they refuse to give a tracking number. I called several time finally they said they canceled my order and refunded my money but i can not see the refund on my bank account yet.

I did not get my money back but i called IRS and LOCAL LAW OFFICE and I inform and complain them.

I encourage you to call IRS and tell them this company is doing tax evasion that's way maybe they can quit to rip off their costumers. Please call local Law office such as

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml

Also https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove offensive remark in post which was unnecessary for the topic at hand on 05/05/2014 at 11:12 AM PT

Collapse -
Totally different experience- FumFie was great for me!
by Barbaraok / August 1, 2014 3:58 AM PDT

My experience with FumFie was excellent. The bad reviews were scary, but their price for my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 were about $100.00 less than anywhere else, so I took the risk. Great move! Someone always answered the phone when I called and they were always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. My camera arrived in two days and was brand new and in mint condition. The whole process was quick and professional. No high pressure either. The salesperson suggested an extended warranty and I declined, so he moved on to completing the purchase. Frankly, I find Best Buy far higher pressure. I totally recommend this company- great prices, excellent, responsive employees, and FAST delivery. What's not to love!

Collapse -
A pretty good experience with Fumfie
by gerenahum / December 15, 2014 9:37 AM PST

I rarely write reviews, but felt I needed to give a good one. I was very concerned. I didn't want to order from them but their price was much better than I had been finding (although 2 days later I found it cheaper on Amazon--which I had been tracking for a long time. Oh well.) December 5, 2014, I made an online order for my camera. Immediately it was confirmed . Then on the evening of Dec. 6, I received an e-mail indicating that they needed to talk to me about my order before they could ship it. They said they had called me and no answer and then sent an email. I never left the phone and there was no indication of messages on my phone or recent calls.

I then called Michael and he informed me that the battery that came with the camera was a short time one and would I like to get another one as a backup. I politely said no. Then he asked about buying another SD card which would be faster. I said no. (I was aware of this potentially happening as I had read reviews, so I was ready with my answer.) He was very polite and not pushy and said that a shipping order would be sent right away.

I waited until Dec. 9 and called them wondering where the shipping order was. The person I checked with seemed to realize what I was calling about. Oh, he said, I will walk the shipment request down right away. The camera came within 3 days.

However I had requested that Fedex ring my doorbell when it arrived. I had been tracking the shipping schedule and knew what day I needed to stay home. Fumfie also stated that there would be a signature required. In my home, I did hear a big truck engine drive away and my box was at the door---no door bell. I did bring this to Fumfie's attention.

But I am pretty pleased with their response after I called them the 2nd time. I don't know why they needed to try to sell me more things, but that is business, I guess.

Yes I would recommend them; just be aware of things that might happen. I was fortunate. Thank you Fumfie.

Collapse -
Fumfie's Okay!
by cheribea / April 26, 2015 4:23 AM PDT

I got scared to order from Fumfies after reading the posts here, but I went ahead with my order. They called me to confirm my address, and offered me some accessories and warranty that I declined. There was no pressure whatsoever. They have charged me the expected price and agreed that the camera will be here in the appropriate time frame that I requested. No problems here.....

Collapse -
Wait till you receive it...
by SuperSport66 / April 26, 2015 6:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Fumfie's Okay!

You might want to wait until you actually receive your items before you post a review. It took me 1 1/2 months and 3 shipments to receive mine, only to get an open box item when I ordered brand new. They kept messing up my order over and over, then it was open/used when I got it. They don't have it together yet... On a $1300 order, I cannot tell you how frustrating this was.

Collapse -
eeeee :D
by cheribea / April 26, 2015 7:55 AM PDT

Yes, I suppose that's true. So many complained about the pressure sales call and buying additional items and THAT certainly has changed..... so I do feel hopeful. It is a "google trusted" site and I went through paypal AND I have a local camera company in Chicago that can inspect it if something seems wonky.... and there is the Nikon one year warranty.... my fingers remain crossed and hopeful and I'll post back an update.

Collapse -
Open Box
by SuperSport66 / April 26, 2015 9:00 AM PDT
In reply to: eeeee :D

In my case, it was Open Box, and they are not a Factory Authorized Dealer, so factory warranty will not apply

Collapse -
shipped!
by cheribea / April 28, 2015 1:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Open Box

Well, now Fumfie has shipped my purchase and provided the tracking number... so at this point it STILL remains a completely satisfactory shopping experience. I am getting the distinct impression that the company , if it had issues at one point, has stepped up it's customer relations. Pre-purchase I checked them out on BBB and they had a B rating which didn't seem TOO bad for all their years of service as a company. My purchase is "new", so the warranty should be fine. I'll let you all know if the product arrives with any unexpected differences from the advertised.
Sorry for the folks that had bad experiences in the past there, that's hard to go through. Fingers crossed and hopeful here that whatever issues created that environment have been addressed by the company.

Collapse -
Excellent!
by cheribea / April 30, 2015 4:51 PM PDT
In reply to: shipped!

The camera arrived on the fourth day of the 3-5 day shipping window, very well packaged and in spotless new condition. I'm SO glad I went for it!

Collapse -
Good news
by SuperSport66 / April 30, 2015 11:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Excellent!

That's great news. Glad to hear it worked out for you. For me, they lost a customer, and that is too bad, but there are many other vendors. I gave them many chances to make it right, and they didn't come through for me.

My other concern is that it takes their customers telling them their site is insecure before it is fixed. Not once, but twice. I don't understand them getting a Positive Google rating with that blaring flaw... Shame on Google for missing it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.