Spyware, Viruses, & Security

General discussion

Trendmicro Internet Security 2007

by Snowy / January 3, 2007 11:26 PM PST

has anyone had problems with Trendmicro Internet Security 2007, with respect to it slowing up their PC, if so, what action did you take to rectify the problem.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trendmicro Internet Security 2007
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trendmicro Internet Security 2007
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
switch to Zone Alarm
by dustinfrank / January 4, 2007 12:02 AM PST

YES! i had been a happy Trend Micro user since the 2005 version but the 2007 "upgrade" really took the product down in my opinion. It really seemed to hog system resources and the scans were just not performing reliably.

What did i do? well since i was up for renewal in a month or so and would have to spend money either way, i researched this site and others and switched to the Zone Alarm internet security suite. I have used it for about a month now and can highly recommend it. It is very feature-rich and it just simply works...WITHOUT being a resource hog!

Collapse -
Trend Micro Good Bye
by JLG303 / October 13, 2007 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: switch to Zone Alarm

I've used Trendmicro for many years. I just tried to renew and have already paid for the renewal and installed the new software. I have been unable to open the mail console for over 2 weeks and cannot get anyone with Trendmicro to help. I've tried calling, the online chat, and email to no avail. The interesting thing is that that has also happened to my father's computer at another house so evidently they are having a real problem with customer service. I uninstalled TrendMicro, told my credit card co. to reverse the charge, and then purchased another software. I am so disappointed in them.

Collapse -
I agree....switch
by ~Brandy~ pccatastrophe / January 4, 2007 4:21 AM PST

Trend micro just isnt what it use to be!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.