iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

Transferring Songs From My iPod to my PC

by DisposableSaint / January 1, 2010 2:06 AM PST

I recently lost all of my music on my PC, and only have it on my iPod. Is there a way for me to transfer these songs back to my computer? I've got a 120gb iPod Classic. Thanks in advance.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Transferring Songs From My iPod to my PC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Transferring Songs From My iPod to my PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 1, 2010 2:15 AM PST
Collapse -
Ipod to computer program
by Soulfuljak / January 10, 2010 8:21 PM PST

There is a way to transfer songs back to your computer. You need a special software to enable you to transfer all your files to your computer.
Transfering files from your ipod to your computer is futile due to iTunes copyright laws.

You just need to find an ipod to computer software that is compatible with your OS (either Windows or Mac) then convert your files to the required format of your ipod.

I found a really simple step-by-step guide at http://thesolutionscenter.blogspot.com. Enjoy your recovered songs!

Collapse -
er
by papalsa / February 22, 2010 3:33 PM PST

BTW,the required format of your ipod is MP4

Collapse -
The "format of your files"
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 22, 2010 9:03 PM PST

has nothing to do with the format of the iPod.

No software is required to transfer tracks. It can be done manually.

Do NOT buy anything to do it with.

P

Collapse -
Transferring Songs From My iPod to my PC
by jamesjacson69 / March 9, 2010 12:45 PM PST

Simply use some iPod transfer program to help you, like this one called Bigasoft iPod Transfer. It can transfer iPod files between computer and iPod even without iTunes installed!
You can free download it from http://www.bigasoft.com/ipod-transfer.html.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.