How To

Resolved Question

transferring iphone 4s videos to PC

by aknight53 / January 15, 2012 1:37 AM PST

When I transfer my iphone videos to my PC via usb, the video will not play correctly on my PC, the sound is one speed, the video is way slower. I want to make a DVD from my iphone videos but not sure if it can be done. Anyone out there who has figured out how to do this? My Gateway is 3 years old, runs on Vista. My desktop is HP and is 4 years old.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: transferring iphone 4s videos to PC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: transferring iphone 4s videos to PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by aknight53

Collapse -
Install VLC and see if that makes a difference
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 15, 2012 3:02 AM PST

to the playing of your video's

Collapse -
Thanks
by aknight53 / January 15, 2012 8:33 AM PST

Simple answer, funny that the Apple Care tech support person could not answer that question. He thought my graphics card was not adequate to play the transferred video. I wonder how many others out there are having the same problem. Thanks for the solution.

Collapse -
Answer
transferring iphone 4s videos to PC
by alanniwhite / April 10, 2013 12:06 AM PDT

If the videos were purchased from iTunes then simply syncing your iPhone will transfer the videos.
To transfer videos that you had taken from the phone then they would be in the DCIM folder where your photos are all stored, look out for your videos.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.