Laptops forum

General discussion

touchpad acting crazy - HP Paviion

by druid13 / August 29, 2009 1:38 AM PDT

HP Pavilion ze2000z about 4 years old. Moving finger over touchpad to move the cursor causes page to jump up and down even when not holding left key down. Is there a way to make the touchpad less sensitive? Is the left key stuck part way down? I just reinstalled Windows from the CD and everything else is working well. Old installation had slowed way down and was unworkable.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: touchpad acting crazy - HP Paviion
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: touchpad acting crazy - HP Paviion
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Many...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 29, 2009 2:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
crazy touchpad
by druid13 / August 30, 2009 2:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Many...

That's a good solution. You just have to get past the idea of carrying an extra accessory to use with a laptop which is supposed to be a complete computer. The touchpad and two buttons are so clumsy though, you never really get used to them if you use a desktop too.

Collapse -
And
by 1shado1 / September 1, 2009 2:33 PM PDT
In reply to: crazy touchpad

If you are looking for an excellent wireless mouse to take the place of your touchpad, check out the Logitech V450 Nano. Mr. Proffitt suggested this model, and I liked it so much I now have two of them.

Collapse -
Disable touch pad
by mlrobin63 / March 1, 2010 5:37 AM PST
In reply to: And

I need help with disabling the touch pad on my Toshiba Laptop m105-s3021. I say this because after I use the touch pad the screen goes crazy moving from side to side like something is stuck or it doesn't know what it is suppose to be doing it goes ballistic. The only way to get to stop is to shut it down by holding the power button and restarting. Please help

Collapse -
HP Touchpad Isues
by vcfsun / July 17, 2011 4:58 PM PDT

I feel like I've come late to the party -- why doesn't the whole world know about the HP Touchpad problems??? After 5 Dell laptops over the past 10 years, I decided to try an HP Pavilion g6. Bad decision. The touchpad did not work from the get go -- same as you.... cursor jumps around, very sluggish in responding, etc... Oh, and the highlighting function and typing over it doesn't work either. I tried everything possible, including a 1 hr. session with HP Support which included installing all relevant updates (e.g. Bios, etc...). Their response? Keep tweaking the mouse settings. If that doesn't work, then wipe it clean. If that doesn't work, then send it to them for repair. But I was just encouraged to use a mouse as "lots of people don't like the touchpad." And these people are still in business? I wish I had an answer, but can only confirm your frustration and HP's support team inability to solve this issue.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.