Computer Help

General discussion

TouchED Error - THotkey - Toshiba tablet laptop

by jmalachowsky / March 11, 2008 4:46 AM PDT

Hello, all! I have a Toshiba Portege M200 tablet laptop, and I get the following error on start-up - TouchED Error; Retrieval of "THotkey" Failed; Error code - 0x00031402, 0x000000002. And - my Fn - Function Key combinations no longer work. I can't stomach the idea of reinstalling the system from the restore disks from scratch. Does anyone have any good fixes for this?

Thank you in advance! jeff

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TouchED Error - THotkey - Toshiba tablet laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TouchED Error - THotkey - Toshiba tablet laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TouchED Error - THotkey - Toshiba tablet laptop
by reach2josh8 / April 9, 2008 12:46 PM PDT

I am also facing same problem. Could you solve it? If yes, please let me know HOW?

Collapse -
TouchED Error
by jmalachowsky / April 9, 2008 1:31 PM PDT

Hello! No, I have NOT solved it exactly, but I have managed to restore some of the Fn key functions, by applying a solution I found on the web from back in something like 2004. I don't have access to the specifics now, but it was a posting by Castlecops. I will try and find the citation and post it here tomorrow, but I believe you can also find it by Googling on TouchED Error and THotkey.

Collapse -
Toshiba and "Touched" Error
by ejames6342 / May 16, 2008 5:41 AM PDT
In reply to: TouchED Error

I have a Toshiba Qosmia G35-AV600 and I'm running XP Service Pack 3. I too keep having this problem, but I can't find a solution that really works. I have searched through Google many times and have tried almost everthing suggested by other users. One of the great answers I tried was to do the following:

Stop trying to remove this error with AdAware, AVG Antivirus, Spybot, HijackThis and so on.

THIS IS NOT A WORM, THIS IS NOT MALWARE, THIS IS NOT ADWARE, THIS IS NOT A VIRUS.

This is a Toshiba touchpad utility.

Navigate to C:\Windows\system32

DELETE 000StTHK.exe and 00THotkey.exe.manifest

COPY 00THotkey.exe

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

PASTE 00THotkey.exe into the Startup directory.

This may work for some but it did not work for me. I have also upgraded my touchpad drivers directly from the Toshiba website, but to no avail.

Will someone please let me know a definitive fix that works??? I greatly appreciate all of your help.

Collapse -
Toshiba & THotkey Error
by RoTech58 / December 10, 2008 10:38 PM PST

Just used this fix that was posted here on Toshiba Portege M700 Tablet PC! Worked Great!

Navigate to C:\Windows\system32

DELETE 000StTHK.exe and 00THotkey.exe.manifest

COPY 00THotkey.exe

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

PASTE 00THotkey.exe into the Startup directory.

Collapse -
Thanks for the solution!
by SpidermonkeyD / November 29, 2009 4:41 PM PST

This solution did work on my Toshiba M400 tablet whereas the "download the Value Added solution" did not.
Thanks! Now my hot keys work again.

One thing, though. Be sure to turn those hotkeys back on.
(right click on the desktop... Graphics Options > Hot keys > Enable!)

I had a moment where I thought the fix didn't work.

Collapse -
Fix for the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5034 plz?
by NBA_Fan12 / March 20, 2011 7:05 AM PDT

Does this already work for the Toshiba U205-S5034, or do I have to do something else? Plz answer quickly. Happy

Collapse -
thank you
by lala-my / August 13, 2012 11:52 AM PDT

I have read through more than 50 post and this is the only solution I found. Not even in Toshiba forum.
Thank you so much

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.