Why I ask is the 5 minute comment. Such a battery puts a strain on the circuits and charger and even if I discount the liquid spill issue it still means the charger or motherboard will be under a strain and will fail.
My toshiba satellite a505-s6965 laptop won't turn on. I've had it for 3.5 years and the battery has been almost completely worn down. When unplugged, it lasts about 5minutes. Yesterday I spilled a drink on the corner of the keyboard where the number pad is on the bottom right side. I quickly wiped it down with some paper towels and continued to use it for about 3hours without any issues. This morning I tried to turn it on and nothing happened. When the laptop isn't plugged in, an orange light blinks where the power symbol is. When I plug the charger in, a white light turns on and remains lit where the charging symbol is (the symbol that shows the chord). Nothing happens when I press the power button, no matter how long I press it for. I have tried plugging it into different outlets but that doesn't make a difference. Could this be because the battery completely died, or because of the spilled drink?
I really need to get some files off of the laptop as soon as possible, and I'm wondering what the best way to do that would be/is it possible??