AVG

General discussion

Tool to remove AVG Internet Security?

by eliuri / February 25, 2010 6:25 PM PST

Hi:

I plan to install the trial version of AVG Internet Security 9

In case there should be some serious problems with it, is there a tool which completely removes the AVG suite from the system? Or must it be done via simple uninstall?

I know that when removing Zone Alarm its necessary to use a special cleaner/removal tool to do this, before installing another type of internet security or upgrading to another version

Is there such a tool for aVG Internet Security?

-Eliuri

===============================================

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3

[Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0.483.00] Hoping to switch over to AVG Internet Security soon

Dell Optiplex GX260

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tool to remove AVG Internet Security?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tool to remove AVG Internet Security?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Tool to remove AVG Internet Security?
by Ondrej_AVG / February 25, 2010 8:15 PM PST
Collapse -
Tool to remove AVG Internet Security ? ...REALLY ???
by jwhite888 / August 15, 2011 5:58 PM PDT

Eliuri asked an appropriate question. Hey Uh,,,"Ondrej_AVG"... The "removal tool" link you posted takes you to the AVG site to purchase "AVG PC Tune Up 2011" for $29.95 ???....Really ???... So I need "AVG PC Tune Up" to adequately remove "AVG Internet Security 2011"... That is ridiculous !!!... If so, then how does one uninstall "PC Tune Up" ??? I've used the 30 day trial version of AVG IS 2011 now for 4 days... I won't be purchasing a 1 year license if this is AVG's support attitude. In fact, I'm less than impressed. It is user friendly but very invasive and nagging...I'm dumping it tonite... Maybe I've missed something, If so, correct me... The lack of response will imply the obvious...

Collapse -
RE: Tool to remove AVG Internet Security
by Dusan_AVG / August 15, 2011 7:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
Dusan's Links
by Rick_Rocker / October 16, 2011 1:53 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.