Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Tool for organizing email threads?

by Jeanne321 / February 19, 2012 8:50 AM PST

I have a multi-month interaction with a customer. Each email of course contains some or none or a lot of the previous messages.

I want to create a document that shows the full conversation from start to finish without duplicating any messages.

This particular email account is on godaddy but I also have IPage and aol accounts.

I have searched cnet software for keywords "email threads" etc.

What other keywords would be relevant?
Any software programs that do this?
Any email servers that offer this option?

Thank you.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tool for organizing email threads?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tool for organizing email threads?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
There is software for that. It's acronym is CRM
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2012 4:43 AM PST

Customer Relationship Management.

There are folk that will reply with "I don't need all that" but your post told me you did.

Collapse -
Do a web search...
by gordon451 / March 16, 2012 10:28 PM PDT

As I just did, using "email threads" on It seems even Outlook can do this, but Gmail is in the results too.

There used to be an app called Zenbe, but it appears that was sold to/taken over by Facebook...

Your question is actually very important. I did see a result dicussing the use of email threads in legal situations.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.