Samsung forum

General discussion

Toner Cartridge MLT-D209L/XAA not working with SCX-4826FN

by Jorge_F / April 10, 2010 6:01 AM PDT

I replaced the toner on my Samsung SCX-4826FN with a the same cartridge model I had before (MLT-D209L/XAA). It printed about 5 pages, after that only printed blank pages. I though the cartridge was bad and I asked Newegg to replace it. When I received the replacement only blank pages are coming out of the printer. I went to Office Max and bought a new cartridge MLT-D209/XAA. It works fine.
I still have the MLT-D209L cartridge and I want to use it, I am trying to get it working. I installed the printer driver a couple of times with the same result.
I doubt the problem is with the cartridge, this is happening with two differente cartridtes of the same model.
With the MLT-D209L installed the status light on the printer is green and no error messages are displayed. The Samsung's Dr. Printer softare indicates there is a problem with the toner (no specific information) and can not print any message when the MLT-D209L cartridge is installed. If I run Dr. Printer with the MLT-D209 cartridge it shows no errors.
All the cartridges I am using are original cartridges from Samsung.

I am trying to find out if anybody had a similar problem.

Thanks,

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Toner Cartridge MLT-D209L/XAA not working with SCX-4826FN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Toner Cartridge MLT-D209L/XAA not working with SCX-4826FN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 15, 2010 4:12 AM PDT

Jorge_F,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation.

If it's a Genuine Samsung toner, then you can call 800-SAMSUNG and inquire about an exchange. You will likely need the cartridge ready when you call to read through the numbers and verify any requests from the agent so he can verify and move forward.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
4 brand new MLT-D209L/XAA not working with SCX-4826FN
by dav_d / December 1, 2010 12:58 PM PST

I have experienced the same problem as Jorge_F for now 4 brand new D209L cartridges on my 1yr 7mo old SCX-4826FN. I first bought one from TonerMax to replace the sample/demo unit. I didn't use it right away since I didn't need it when it arrived, but when I did try it, it only worked 20% of the time (4 out of 5 pages were blank), usually requiring me to take out the toner and put back in again to get it to work at all. I exchanged the the unit via Samsung and the new unit would work only for single-sided printing while the sample toner unit still prints double-sided with no problems. I got support to exchange the single-sided-only toner with another. The replacement only printed blank pages so I did an exchange for it too. The 4th toner arrived today and it too is only printing blank pages. Clearly something is wrong here! After exchanging the single-sided-only toner, and having no luck with its' replacement, I figured it had to be a printer problem. After talking with the local service center tech about getting the printer serviced, and explaining that the sample unit works fine, but all the other toners I had tried wouldn't work at all or wouldn't print double-sided; I was told to exchange the toner, again.
Do these MLT-D209L/XAA toners have this high of a failure rate? Since my printer still works with the old sample toner, is there still a possibility that the printer is the problem?

Please help!

Collapse -
Samsung will NOT exchange toners
by thatkdl / May 5, 2011 9:31 AM PDT

Thanks for the advice, but have you ever called the Samsung number? I did, and they're not interested in exchanging the two brand new samsung toners I bought. They want to get me set up for a service call ($$). I have a hard time paying for what is obviously a manufacturer's defect in the printer. We can't all be getting bad toners can we?

Collapse -
Large toner cartridge does not work
by knekvasil / January 20, 2011 12:24 PM PST

I just got a second large toner cartridge D209L and it does not work. I had (4) D209S smaller cartridges that worked perfectly. I never had any problems with them. I put the used cartridges back in and it prints with no problem other than being a short on toner. Love the printer otherwise but this is crap if only the smaller toner works. Pay $70 for 2000 pages versus $100 for 5000 pages.....

Collapse -
MLT-D209L Toner Compatibility Problem on SCX-4826
by veritatim / January 26, 2011 9:41 AM PST

I have the same problem with the "L" cartridge, but not with the smaller "X" version - are we ready for a class action suit against Samsung for misrepresentation and false advertising?!

Collapse -
by vpermakoff / February 15, 2011 9:40 AM PST

I have the same story. I did not use much my SCX-4826FN and it is a bit more then a year sinse I got it, so I'm out of warranty. I still have original cartridge, which works fine, but shows no toner. I purchased new cartrige MLT-D209L/XAA from Amazon and I had to return it because it was jamming and printing only one side. I replaced it with another one and paid for shipping. Both did not work the same way. I called repair center and guy from repair center came to my house and stated that cartridge is bad. I sent cartridge back again. The guy from repair center ordered again MLT-D209L/XAA cartridge directly from Samsung and gues what - it did not work the same way! Now I have to pay to repair center and I paid for shipping back and force for 2 cartridges. I'm not even talking about wasted time and useless phone support from Samsung. The printer still works with original cartridge, but what a disappointment!

Collapse -
Two new toners - blank pages
by thatkdl / April 2, 2011 4:21 AM PDT

I purchased my toners from future shop and both times I'm getting blank pages. Has anyone found that this is a printer problem or is it the toners?

Collapse -
Problem Solved....sort of
by thatkdl / May 22, 2011 4:27 AM PDT

So after two cartridges that failed to work, numerous calls to print repair and toner shops, Samsung customer support call (rating - Epic Fail), finally decided that this thing was going to become a brick if I didn't start taking things apart. So found a really good youtube that showed you how to refill your toner cartridge. Took the toner out of the new cartridge that isn't printing and put it in the starter toner cartridge that is near empty but still prints. So now the starter toner has more toner, and its printing!! No streaks or anything. Thank God for youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYMGEhiWvw

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.