Samsung forum

Question

TL-WR702N in client mode + Samsung TV UE32ES5505 2012 HELP!!

by Jens86 / February 8, 2013 11:33 AM PST

OK. Let me be honest this f...ing problem is irritating the hell out of me.

The TL-WR702N (Client Mode) is connected to my Samsung UE325505 via Ethernet core and acts as an adaptor to receive the wireless signal from my wireless network.

Configured with no problems (http://www.tp-link.com/lk/article/?faqid=395) .. Easiest part! The client router seems to be working like a charm. It gets the wireless signal from my main router and puts it out on the Ethernet port. When It's plugged in to my computers Ethernet port I have access to the internet.
But when I plug it in the TV's port it has problems connecting to the internet.

Everything is running DHCP.

So...

1. The TV connects fine to the internet by connecting a cable from my main router.

2. Manual setup of IP on my TV by copying everything from my computers eth interface obtained via DHCP when client router is connected.

3. Client router powered by TVs USB port but also tried powering from socket.

Nothing seems to work.

4. I have googled and googled some more... people are having the same problems but no answers..

The setup should work.. So I'm out of ideas.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TL-WR702N in client mode + Samsung TV UE32ES5505 2012 HELP!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TL-WR702N in client mode + Samsung TV UE32ES5505 2012 HELP!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I use those client devices
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 8, 2013 11:53 AM PST

And just leave it all DHCP.

However the client device may not boot up fast enough if powered off the TV USB ports. Tell more such as power and distance to the router.
Bob

Collapse -
Also took that into consideration..
by Jens86 / February 8, 2013 12:38 PM PST

Ok. Everything DHCP.

Distance to router less than 2 meters. It's In the next room. How should that be a problem as I tried my laptop at the exact distance as my TV....

Tried powering it from the TV and waited quite a while, in order for it to boot up and then trying to run the setup assistant on the TV.

Also used the included USB adapter to power it, made no difference.

I can see that with DHCP the TV gets IP etc. assigned after a couple of seconds/tries but still will not connect to the Internet.

Collapse -
Try the other things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 9, 2013 1:24 AM PST

We have a long list of things that matter to devices such as a Samsung (it's not a laptop or PC). Here's the short list.

1. Set the date/time in the TV.
2. Use the Google DNS since an ISP might be out of date on their DNS. That's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
3. Put the TV's assigned IP into the router's DMZ entry.

There's more over at the CNET Networking Forum but keep in mind Samsung's servers have gone down and if there is more to this story such as you bought the TV in England but are in France, that detail must be shared.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Finally got it working

I had exactly the same problem which you faced and i tried a lot to solve this but in vain. then i came by a tp-link article which solves my problem. Please follow the instructions written in the following link and your smart tv will connect to internet.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=510

Collapse -
" A beta firmware has been released "
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2013 7:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Finally got it working

Quite the odd thing going on here. Is this how things should be today? Our gear is in beta test?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.