The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Tips on Disney World fun...

by shawnlin / March 22, 2007 10:44 AM PDT

Veronica, Kent, Bonnie, & Nicole-

HAVE A BLAST AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!

I presented at a conference over there a ~3yrs ago and here's what I learned:

If there is an evening entertainment event at the Epcot center - GO! This will probably be the nightly fireworks/light-show but also includes free chocolate and cheesecake desserts of all sorts and for two little words words: CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! Hot cocoa, coffee, and tea as well. Great for mingling/networking and getting people to loosen up about upcoming cellular technologies Wink

You may notice that Disney employees will always tell you "Have a Magical Day"! You're in a quarantined happy place - just roll with it :o)

And if you got a little time and like Winnie the Pooh, check out "Pooh's Corner" shop at Pleasure Island (also has Disney Quest VR/gaming experience and Cirque). A cute way to say hi to a friend/loved-one is a postcard straight from Pooh Corner - I think they put a "Pooh's Corner" stamp on it Happy

Best wishes and happy travels,
Shalin

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tips on Disney World fun...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tips on Disney World fun...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Epcot
by awinn233 / March 22, 2007 11:01 AM PDT

Illuminations, the nightly fireworks show at Epcot, is worth your while. I live here in Orlando and have been to Disney World several times. Also, the restaurant in Italy at Epcot is very good. Have a great trip V.

Collapse -
Illumniations! yeah - thx!
by shawnlin / March 22, 2007 11:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Epcot

I was goin' nuts trying to remember the name.

the conference I was with hosted a dinner as well as a Illuminations w/desserts event - fun stuff and great spread! Happy

Collapse -
What to do? Where to go??
by danfromfla / March 23, 2007 11:46 AM PDT

I'm usually at Epcot every weekend. It is an excellent place to dine, as it has some of the best restaurants at Disney. My favorite is the Nine Dragons in the China Pavilion. Oh, and there is this little tradition called "drinking around the world" Although the Epcot world has only 11 countries, it is enough to make you not want to drive anywhere for a while. Most of all, have fun!!!

Collapse -
i have never gone there
by aribeiro2 / March 23, 2007 11:48 AM PDT

but my cousin will go...
so i'll ask her to bring me some "disney fun", too bad it costs 50% more when it passes through our customs...

she wouldn't find a wii anyway :/

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.