Camcorders forum

General discussion

Time and Date Stamp Mini DVD

by maxfind / March 6, 2009 1:11 PM PST

I am using a mini dvd camera for work purposes. I have to have the time and date shown and updated when playing back the disc. Was told that if I used a DV cord that I could copy the disc and it would show the date. How can I transfer the time and date on the original mini disc. to another mini disc? Thanks for any help, currently using a Sony Mini DVD 610. Or is thre anothe camera that will record the time and date on the original mini dvd and show it when it is replayed? Thansk for any help or suggetions.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Time and Date Stamp Mini DVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Time and Date Stamp Mini DVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here is one way....
by Papa Echo / March 6, 2009 2:56 PM PST

Print/write out the date on a piece of paper and let that to be the first scenc.... if you want to look professional, use a "clapper board" ....

Collapse -
Time and Date
by maxfind / March 6, 2009 9:23 PM PST
In reply to: Here is one way....

This is for legal purposes, don't think this would work.

Collapse -
For legal work.....
by Papa Echo / March 6, 2009 9:57 PM PST
In reply to: Time and Date time stamp will work need to get a clock, e.g. a clock tower and other items in the background of the video footage to indicate the exact time, including date, or from items by which the date and time can be determined correctly. (There was a case in which the day and time were determined by the length and depth of shadows cast by a group of people standing on a dooray....). Why date and time stamp do not work : they have to be correctly adjusted in the first place ... meaning hat I can put in any date and time ...

Collapse -
by maxfind / March 6, 2009 10:11 PM PST
In reply to: For legal work.....

I had a Sony that played the correct date and time at the bottom of the screen for years. In doing workers comp surveillance work we don't always have a clock tower to video in the background. Most courts accept the time and date on the bottom of the player, that is all I need.

Collapse -
Then use the ideas we just went over at
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 7, 2009 12:11 AM PST
In reply to: Legal
Collapse -
by Papa Echo / March 7, 2009 5:44 PM PST

I can say that you have initially set the date wrong ... In court, the opposition will have a field day....

Collapse -
by maxfind / March 8, 2009 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: Again....

I have worked in the legal system for forty years and haven't been attacked yet on a time and date stamp on a recorder. I just asked a simple question, is there anyway to show the time and date stamp on a digital copy? This is what is required by my job, which isn't a tv show that has clock towers ect. in the background. I don't need any other ideas, watches, ect., I just need to know if this particular procedure can be done and if so, how?

Collapse -
We discussed that in the other discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2009 1:47 AM PST

Sadly some wanted to bicker over it. But we did cover it.

Now there are folk that want the DVD Camcorder to product the DVD with that on the media so not work in post production is needed. For that you will have to get a DVD Camcorder that does that. Not all do and why you end up doing it later.

Collapse -
Sorry for the type.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2009 9:58 AM PDT

I meant "produce the DVD". Arg, silly spell checker.

Collapse -
Legal purposes....
by Papa Echo / March 8, 2009 9:18 AM PDT

....implies that the date stamp should be accurate ...which means it is correct to start with and cannot be changed or tempered for your legal work, the date stamp seems not that critical...

Try googling for mini+DVD+camcorders+date+stamp or similar ley words to look for a model. It won't be easy. Have you contacted manufacturers ?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.