Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Resolved Question

Thomson TB-30 VOIP Phone - Reset Password?

by lemondropcreative / March 9, 2013 7:25 PM PST

Hello

Can anyone help us with the following?

We have a Thomson TB-30 VOIP Phone supplied by BT.
We need to access the admin section of the phone to change some settings but we do not seem to be able to gain access.
We have rebooted the phone and tried the following as outlined in the manual but had no luck.
The error is that the password is incorrect.

"Thompson Website - Technicolor TB30 - Internet Zone

Admin Guide which states on page 54 ..
Connect to the IP Phone web server
1. Start a web browser session
2. Input the phones IP address into the address field.
For example:i. http://10.1.97.6 for user mode.ii. http://10.1.97.6/admin.html for admin mode.
3. Enter the username (by default: administrator)
4. Enter the password (by default: 784518)
5. Once the process is completed, you can change the settings values to your convenience."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

David

lemondropcreative has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Thomson TB-30 VOIP Phone - Reset Password?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Thomson TB-30 VOIP Phone - Reset Password?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by lemondropcreative

Collapse -
These are the login details for the BT Falcon ST2030
by stevenvu1 / May 17, 2013 1:48 AM PDT

These are the login details for the BT Falcon ST2030 which is the old version of the phone that you have.

If they don't work, you can try something else. When the phone turns on it will autoprovision with BT and fetch a file from a URL. The ST2030 fetches:

http://www.bbvservice-st2030.bt.com/ST2030S/V2672/ComConf2030SG_BT_090501.txt

If you download the file, you'll see:

TelnetID=admin
TelnetPWD=789234
UserID=user
UserPWD=
WebPWD=159753

These are the login details. I'm not to sure how you would check what file the phone fetches when it turns on though. Your router might let you.

Another way of trying to login is using the telnet default password. As you can see, BT changed the web password from its default, but didn't change the telnet password.

When logging in, remember to write admin.html into the URL, or you won't get all of the options.

Hope this helped.

Telnet
admin

admin.html
user
(password is blank)

admin

Collapse -
Answer
I hear you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 10, 2013 1:55 PM PDT

But such information should be at BT or Thompson.
Bob

Collapse -
Thomson TB-30 VOIP Phone - Reset Password?
by lemondropcreative / March 10, 2013 7:11 PM PDT
In reply to: I hear you.

Hello Bob

Thanks very much for your reply.

I'll email Thomson and BT.

Thanks again for your help.

David

Collapse -
Answer
Correct Password for BT Falcon
by DavidS_UK / August 5, 2014 5:09 AM PDT

Hi
I was disappointed by all the references I found in Google as they didn't work.
Anyway after quite a lot I found that the Admin Username and Password for a BT Falcon IP Phone is as follows: Username: admin
Password: 159753

This works on both the phone menu interface and the web interface. Happy hunting!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.